Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest Production Atv?

acceleration piped 450 to piped raptor 700 the raptor has nothing friend has 700 and we all have 450s smoke him off line all the time
    2005 450r red
    BIG GUN EVO X
    maxxis razr2 frts and ITP XCR rears
    PRM swingarm and full skids
    PRM Desert bumper
    GT THUNDER XC link
    GT THUNDER front duelrate XC springs
    IMS heel guards and footpegs
    AC nerf bars
    HOLZ racing case saver
    Hertz P brake block off
    D.I.D X-ring chain
    TAG X-5 handle bars
    CYCRA probends
    SPIDER grips
    ONE Industries graphics

i dont know much about those lt500's but they sound like the fastest stock machine ever made.....but curently, ill give a take on my thoughts:

renegade 800
    arctic cat 1000
    ktm 525
    raptor
    outlaw s
    grizzly 700
    (insert a 450)
    banshee (its a toss up)
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

according to recent reviews the ktm 525 outran the raptor 700 both flat and up hill in a recent shootut switching riders (different wieghts and such) also the honda 700xx was reported to be "slugish" in 3rd gear on, you have to think if it is making around 53 horses thats alot of powerto spin those rear tires with IRS the reviewers eve nstated the raptor 700 would "kill" in a straight up drag and with the honda having IRS it to me is expected, and since the KTM beat the raptor i guess that makes it the fastest out there right now

also when you say production it means something that is being produced right now and is able to be bought of a showroom sorry but the Quadzilla is not a production atv anymore there is rumor of a big bore sport from zuki and they are naming it the quadzilla according to insider info

also if you want to pick out the fastest quad from any year stock would be a hard one but modified i think a banshee with the 535 cheetah kit would take on all

just my 0.02
    1986 TRX 250R

CARPE DIEM

I thought the YFZ450 hp#'s were low also.

I did some research and they have not been updated since at least 2005 when they had the 439cc engine.

This could be a possible explanation, among many variables.

To go back to previous years change the last two digits to the year you want it to be like

For example, change

2008/2008 to 2007/2007 on the IP address.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/.../2008/2008.php
    2007 400EX Black
    Protection:Pro Armor Skids: Chassis and Swingarm
    Plumbing:Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon Fiber Full System/ K&N Powerlid/ UNI Filter/ Pro Design Base Cap

Originally posted by wanta450
    acceleration piped 450 to piped raptor 700 the raptor has nothing friend has 700 and we all have 450s smoke him off line all the time
    Rider.
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

I remember reading a dirtwheels(a late 80's issue), the 86 tecate 3 and the quadzilla were the fastest at nearly 85 mph, 86 atc250r was at almost 80(trx was close). Really, the fastest atv ever produced in a tiger 500 three wheeler(limited number, usa built), dirtwheels had it to almost 90 and it still had more to go. They said that it had enough power pull 2 tooth bigger front sprocket too. Tiger didn't produce too much of them, as with the 80(lowest number), 125(very rare), 200(rare), 250(most common), and 500(very rare, few still around).

I don't know how these compare to the current atv's, atc250r's and tecate 3's are still blowing away current quads. I have to agree, top speed isn't too important. Get up and go is more important, I can't think of too many places except dunes and drag strips where you can open up atv's.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

Originally posted by 4R3AL
    quadzilla had low compression? what? naw dude hell no they didnt
    there stock compression ratio was 6.3:1. They were pretty wimpy for a 500cc 2 stroke. But mod them and they will kill anything. They made about 48 hp stock which is about the same as a piped yfz.

ktm 525xc.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

Originally posted by 250r rider 88
    according to recent reviews the ktm 525 outran the raptor 700 both flat and up hill in a recent shootut switching riders (different wieghts and such) also the honda 700xx was reported to be "slugish" in 3rd gear on, you have to think if it is making around 53 horses thats alot of powerto spin those rear tires with IRS the reviewers eve nstated the raptor 700 would "kill" in a straight up drag and with the honda having IRS it to me is expected, and since the KTM beat the raptor i guess that makes it the fastest out there right now

also when you say production it means something that is being produced right now and is able to be bought of a showroom sorry but the Quadzilla is not a production atv anymore there is rumor of a big bore sport from zuki and they are naming it the quadzilla according to insider info

also if you want to pick out the fastest quad from any year stock would be a hard one but modified i think a banshee with the 535 cheetah kit would take on all

just my 0.02
    you guys are worse than women nit and pickin every little thing i coulda said wrong, i meant ever? hows that sound? any quad that was once mass produced or currently being massproduced..

a little forethought into what you post will help you to get a better answer to the questions you ask bro, and my answer was an all aorund answer pertaining to the original question and all the others that have developed. not posting against you at all more towards the guys saying "quadzilla this quadzilla that" when you originally asked for the fasted "production" atv out there
    1986 TRX 250R

CARPE DIEM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast