Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally did it! LOL

Talking I finally did it! LOL

Well, if some of you remember, I used to complain that I couldn't jump my 400ex because of a bucking problem. The last time I attempted it bucked and my chest smacked the handlebars

Well, today I was at my dads shop, so I can service my exhaust. By his shop, theres a dike and a little pit to the left, with hills all around it because its lower.

Theres some jumps on the one side, and something in me just said F it and I hit it in second.

I sttod and leaned back, and it jumped perfectly! So I tried 3rd gear and flew even further.

So I guess you can say im very happy that I don't have to buy a linkage now, lol.
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

you can slow down the rebound on your rear shock and it will jump even better. i'd amagine that the jumps you were trying to hit beofre were just really bad kickers, or you werent hitting the gas on take off.
    2002 440ex
    PEP•Wiseco•Duncan•AC•Dunlop

'98 ford f150 4x4

Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
    you can slow down the rebound on your rear shock and it will jump even better. i'd amagine that the jumps you were trying to hit beofre were just really bad kickers, or you werent hitting the gas on take off.
    I actually did lower the rebound before jumping, but I was still worried because numerous people said its the linkage, not the shock.

I think I was also hitting the jumps wrong. Whereas all the yamahas ive had just glided over with or without throttle, the 400ex takes a little finess. I stand up and lean back a little, and gas it at the very top and it seems to work well for me.
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

my EX jumps great haha
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

I dont see why your stock linkage would affect your 400, any different than the stock linkage on EVERY other 400ex in the world...

It was your shock, and everyone who told you otherwise was a moron.
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

Originally posted by 416exfreak
    I dont see why your stock linkage would affect your 400, any different than the stock linkage on EVERY other 400ex in the world...

It was your shock, and everyone who told you otherwise was a moron.
    It was because I started a thread a long time ago about it. I guess the settings were a little messed up for jumping, so I didn't know that at the time.

Everyone kept insisting I buy a new linkage, saying thats the only way to solve it. I was actually about to.

Then i looked a my shock, and adjusted it a little bit and she's fine!

whats the point of this? lol
    04 Honda 450R- AC Racing-Maier-JB Racing- Hotcams- Pro Design-Moose Racing-SRP- White Brothers

R.I.P Charles Clontz - 1992-2007

Originally posted by hondarider101
    whats the point of this? lol
    Accomplishment?
    #20 Damian Fernandez

Honda 04 450R
    Elka Dual Rate Front Shocks
    Alba +2 +1 A-arms
    Durablue +4 Axle
    Tag T2 Handle Bars
    ITP Beadlocks
    Holeshots
    AC Racing Bumper
    Graydon Proline Nerf Bars

Originally posted by klutch
    Accomplishment?
    lol, yeah, pretty much.

I was just glad I can finally jump her. I love being in the air.

Im as happy as Michael Jackson in a daycare

My rear used to buck around alot too, this past weekend I backed the preload off a bit and messed around with the compression and rebound and its a TON better.
    2007 400EX, HMF, AC, powerlid, Uni, ProDesign

2004 F7 Firecat - Dangerous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast