Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2008 AMA PRO ATV Motocross Nationals #3-Ballance MX- Live Race Coverage

Originally posted by quadracer707
    Ask DUNK how his rage engine held up this weekend

Ken
    Hell, RAGE is over rated too, good thing he has Natalie to make his engines look good, oh ya RAGE would be nothing without DASA!!

I'm not saying DASA and Rage don't know how to build power for a few top racers, but so can MANY other builders, RAGE and DASA have been lucky to have 2 of the best representing them, then of course everyone will think there the best builders. Inflated #'s!

To many people are suckers thinking that the most powerful engines will holeshot, hate to say it but there are many others variables, look at Upperman's holeshot on a Baldwin build, Baldwins builds are VERY mild,but are reliable.

These engines are being stressed to the MAX! The HP they are putting out are crazy. I dont care which engine builder it is, they are all trying to get every bit of HP they can out of these engines, and with doing so you loose alot of reliability. When some of these race teams are building engines that are lasting 28 minutes to pull every bit of HP they can out of it, well thats when you are on the edge!

I wouldnt be so quick to blaim the builders either.

Thank you
    Justin

Ehh heather i wouldnt go that far. Williams is with uppermans baldwin rig, the whole ECATV crew is with dunk and thomas brown is with pat brown.. jim silfies is with chris tait. your trying to tell me all the leverage joe has on harve and the others he couldnt get Clay and Keith next to you guys...

bullcrap

**EDIT** never mind, i read your whole post now, i understand.
    Zach Harris #313
    Can-AM, WALSH RC, SSi Decals, AXO, Fox Racing Shox, Freshletes Clothing Company, FMF Racing, RPM, Spy, Renthal, Cycra, DWT

In Memory of Brandon Bracken #136

Sorry but thats correct. Unless Clay is pitting out of the rig he cannot park with us. If I was pitting out of a different hauler I couldn't have my rig in the pro pits either. I know that alot of you think you know exactly whats going on all the time but you don't. Now that AMA Pro Racing is involved in the sport things are alot different. Last year was the first year and they didn't have everything ironed out the way they wanted and there was more room in the pro pits.. This year things are different and with all the big rigs this is what they have chosen to do. Its not bullcrap its just the way that it is.. Clay isn't complaining so WHY R U!!!!
    Heather Byrd #7

Originally posted by FHKracingZ

On a side note about Cody Gibson, the kid is a shredder. Me and him were playing around together in the proam prod. practice on saturday plus hes a nice kid off the track. Ive heard other proam riders saying how "hes dangerous" and "hes gonna hurt somebody", heck mike walsh told me they were gonna protest him for dangerous riding on saturday. Seems like the top pro-am guys are looking for an excuse. I mean mike walsh straight up told mitch reynolds dad its stock bore and stroke , dont waste your money. funny thing was is when they took the head off and it had STOCK valves in it, cody looked to mike walsh and said "well now that we got the head off we mias well put them super sized valves in to really wax the class" ..

Cody reminds me of how Jerimiah use to ride. Cody seems to ride that fine line of out of control but yet keep it on 4 wheels just like jerimiah did..

thats what i heard when i was in florida , that he was the next big thing. Mike also put a carburetor on it and gained some more ponies. I find it funny when people get crazy about 'how dangerous this and this rider is.. get on the gas !!!!

On the builder thing , choose whatever builder you want , with a 60+ engine in those conditions , dont expect it to last long. dasa , rage sparks or whatever.

This was jasmins 1st podium of the year , and not the last one im pretty sure of that , if he didnt crashed in a national here in canada in '04 , we would see him in one of those factory spots.

Mt. Carmel, Illinois (Southern Mt. Carmel!!!)
    Originally posted by FHKracingZ
    First off i would like to say good job to the track crew this weekend keeping up with the track and working it up every now and then instead of letting it go.

2nd off, Jack ive always stood behind your opintions but heather is right on the fact michelle natalie is on fire and looks great. heather looked alot better than last year with a 2nd moto on saturday with the come from behind win.

You cant honestly say Joe isnt riding good or such becasue at Alabama he was top 5 both moto's and looked to make a late surge before he got a flat..

Kentucky showed which machines were really tough.. EVERY one of the Suzuki's had problems, so before you jump on there band wagon hear the truth. Gust is LUCKY he finished the 2nd moto without a DNF because with 3 laps to go when he came by the mechanics area his transmission sounded like 3rd gear was ready to shoot out the side case.

On a side note about Cody Gibson, the kid is a shredder. Me and him were playing around together in the proam prod. practice on saturday plus hes a nice kid off the track. Ive heard other proam riders saying how "hes dangerous" and "hes gonna hurt somebody", heck mike walsh told me they were gonna protest him for dangerous riding on saturday. Seems like the top pro-am guys are looking for an excuse. I mean mike walsh straight up told mitch reynolds dad its stock bore and stroke , dont waste your money. funny thing was is when they took the head off and it had STOCK valves in it, cody looked to mike walsh and said "well now that we got the head off we mias well put them super sized valves in to really wax the class" ..

Cody reminds me of how Jerimiah use to ride. Cody seems to ride that fine line of out of control but yet keep it on 4 wheels just like jerimiah did..
    The Pro Am women class as a great race this weekend! Very exciting. Heath and Michelle both looked great out there and Heather looked alot faster out there this year than last. Keep it up.

Joe was smoking in practice to, sucks what happened to him in the first moto, no matter who you are, if that happens to you, your head will be messed up the rest of the weekend. We were trying to decide what was wrong with his bike second moto, looked like he only had a few gears, I talked to Bill later that day and they said he had electrical problems. He'll get it together sooner or later. Everyone needs to stop with the Byrd Bashing though!!! It's getting old. Find something new to talk about.

Gust is VERY lucky he finished that race. FHK, when do you think that happened, with about 4-5 laps to go? His bike sounded sick and you could tell something was up. Wienen just disappeared throughout the race and I think they jinxed Wimmer with all the talk about taking another overall. Bikes were dropping out all over the place. That track was brutal.

And back to Gibson. I went to Joe's school with him about two years ago and I knew he was something special. We didn't know what to expect when we first saw him because they pulled out two Suzuki's and he looked like he was about 12 years old. Got on to the track and through the weekend and started talking to him and he's a super nice kid and crazy fast rider. He's got a future in this sport for sure if he can stay healthy.

FHK, what number and bike are you in Pro-Am??
    2006 Yellow/Black Fox/Walsh MX LT-R

Special Thanks to my 2011 Sponsors. Team Morehead Motorsports Media AllStars, Dan Schonert Statefarm Insurance

Originally posted by kyleschonert

Also, keep Hendershot106 (I believe that is his name) in your prayers. In the LCQ of 16-24, off the holeshot, he was hit from behind and lost control and ran off the track and hit a female flagger. I believe she broke both of her legs. I was behind him when it happened and it was a terrible accident. He felt terrible, there was nothing he could do, I was 4th gear tapped and I'm sure he was to and it all happened so fast. So be praying for him and the flagger as it was a terrible accident and he could not feel any worse about it.

thanks for the kind words and prayers kyle they are greatly appreciated; there was nothing i could do...that is the result of someone thinking they had to gain a position the dirty way. i was really shook up afterwards and couldnt hardly ride all day afterwards.(it was in the first set of qualifiers though) thanks kyle- hope to see u at the next national in 16 24 in illinois

Dustin Hendershot # 106
    2 09 YFZ450R/X
    2010 YFZ450X BBSE
    http://www.racer-results.net/results...cer.asp?n=1497
    http://escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2...cer.asp?n=5131
    2011 GNCC/EXTREME sponsors:
    GT THUNDER. BNR. HMF. RATH. CYCRA. TROY LEE DESIGNS. SCOTT. FASST. HIPER. PRECISION.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516