and if i want to ride i get out the harley

just because that isnt your thing doesnt make it wrong
    400ex 05
    250ex 06
    420rancher07
    harley roadking 04
    DOG
    Kung Fu kitty

Thats Why I Like My Rubicon..If I Want To Change Gears , I Swap It Over To ESP..If I Don't I Leave It In Manual..I Am 35 And No Where Close To Being A Beginner, I Have Been Riding For 30yrs Now..I Don't Think 35 Is Considered Being A Senior Citizen {If It Is I Am Getting Screwed Over At The Resturants And Other Places By Paying Full Price When I Could Be Getting That Discount} And The Last Time I Checked I Damn Sure Aint No Little Girl Or A Kid. Not To Mention The Fact That Was Anthor Forum Where You Got Your Information And Formed Your Opinion, From One Or Two Feedbacks..Sounds To Me Like You Judge This Forum By What You Have Read Or Your Feed Back From Other Forums. Have You Stop And Thought That This Might Just Very Well Be A Whole Diffrent Group Of Folks Over Here ? OOHH Wait I Second..I Can Read You Haven't...
    Ride Red Or Be Towed Home

Lots of posts all over the internet about problems with the ES shifting system! One component is even the subject of a recall. It's buyer beware for anyone considering an ES!
    Desert- 450R
    Trail- 400EX
    Technical Trail- Rancher 420 and 350
    Kids- Two 250EX's and 90
    Dual-Sport Bike- XT225

Ride Southwest Deserts in the Cool Months, and High Altitude Mountains in the Hot Months!

Originally posted by reconranger
    Lots of posts all over the internet about problems with the ES shifting system! One component is even the subject of a recall. It's buyer beware for anyone considering an ES!

your so full of sh1t
    400ex 05
    250ex 06
    420rancher07
    harley roadking 04
    DOG
    Kung Fu kitty

Dude, it's all over the place....just like *****! This system does not live up to Honda's traditional reputation for being bulletproof. If you are a prospective buyer and you can live with that, then go right ahead.....

My foot works just fine, and if you don't get ES it's $200 cheaper....that's a no brainer for me!!!
    Desert- 450R
    Trail- 400EX
    Kids- Two 250EX's and 90
    Dual-Sport Bike- XT225

Ride Southwest Deserts in the Cool Months, and High Altitude Mountains in the Hot Months!

I Have On 01 Rubicon..3200 Miles...My Oldest Daughter Has An 02 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4x4..2500 Miles..My Wife Has An 03 Rincon 650..2700 Miles..My Youngest Daughter Has An 05 Honda 90.All Four Were Bought Brand New. I Do The Service On Them Myself..I Have Not Had To Take None Of The Four Back To The Dealer For A Damn Thing.And Believe Me When I Tell Ya, My Daughters Cut Em No Slack. We Have Had Nothing But Enjoyment And Pleasure Outta Ours.. Can I Live With That ??? YOU DAMN SKIPPY I CAN !!!!

Originally posted by hondaatvrider92
    I Have On 01 Rubicon..3200 Miles...My Oldest Daughter Has An 02 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4x4..2500 Miles..My Wife Has An 03 Rincon 650..2700 Miles..My Youngest Daughter Has An 05 Honda 90.All Four Were Bought Brand New. I Do The Service On Them Myself..I Have Not Had To Take None Of The Four Back To The Dealer For A Damn Thing.And Believe Me When I Tell Ya, My Daughters Cut Em No Slack. We Have Had Nothing But Enjoyment And Pleasure Outta Ours.. Can I Live With That ??? YOU DAMN SKIPPY I CAN !!!!
    Got to ask if you are keeping up on your valve adjustments????

That is probably the most neglected piece of preventative maintenance there is! You would be surprised at how many people have never even heard of adjusting the valves. When somebody says "I do my own maintenance", usually all that means is changing oil (once a year at most!) and keeping the air filter clean....and being oblivious about valves!!!

ES owners....A whole batch of angle sensors (made in Mexico) on the ES system were bad. Be sure to check with your dealer to see if your quad is involved in the recall....
    Desert- 450R
    Trail- 400EX
    Kids- Two 250EX's and 90
    Dual-Sport Bike- XT225

Why Yes I Most Certainly Do... That's Why They Make Shop Manuals..And If That Wasn't Enough , My Brother Is A Mech. At A Honda Dealership.

Most people never ever do a valve adjustment. That first one at 20 hours, just after it is broken in, is the most important. Precisely why I never buy a used vehicle!
    Desert- 450R
    Trail- 400EX
    Kids- Two 250EX's and 90
    Dual-Sport Bike- XT225

Yeah i agree you're kinda full of sh*t about the ES models. Around my town there are lots of old school 350 ranchers with ES on them with thousands of miles on them, all work great. a friend of mine owns 2 of them and neglects the piss out of it, always runs great.

The ES is fantastic, i'm 19 and i'd love to have an ES rancher or an automatic rincon.

I'm not a little girl either, heh, i have a 250R and 400EX i enjoy as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast