Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 400ex or warrior

400ex or warrior

what quad is more relible? I am looking for both quads and I think I will go with whatever i find a better deal on. which one is faster?

thanks for the help

kept in mostly stock form the warrior motor is very reliable. Aside from some bolts vibrating lose the quad as a whole is very reliable. and once you find the bolts that tend to vibrate lose you learn to check them or loctite them, its no big deal and only takes afew seconds. they can keep up with mostly anything in the trails, and does pretty well in the mud, Ive seen some warriors in water up in the seat area and they came out just fine. I dont know much about the 400 so i cant talk about it.
    correct me if I'm wrong becuase I hate to give out bad info.

the 400ex is a lot faster with more possibilty of modification and as, if not more reliable...and much easier to work on should operator error cause something to malfuntion/break

i have a 03 yamaha warrior that i will sell you. it has some mods and i wamt $2,650 for it. if you are interested in it let me know, and i will tell you all of the mods done to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go fast or don't go at all!!

2009 Can-am Renegade 800r
    74 Ski-doo tn't

warriorman03 that is a nice quad but i think you are a little too far away unless you will ship, i live in michigan, nice quad

I personally like the warrior, but when stock, the 400ex is faster. with enough money dumped into it, either one would be a super quick machine. i've got my warrior running good enough to beat a mostly stock 400 ex, but i cant beat the guys running the 440 big bore kits on them. i do like the plusher ride of the 400ex, but i like the handling better on the warrior.
    "The Cowboy"
    '96 built to the hilt warrior

cardomain.com/id/glass_cow

it isn't even close the 400ex has almost double the horsepower. The warrior rides like a couch the 400ex rides like a sport quad

well depends on whats done to them stock the warrior just needs the shocks adjusted and its just as good as the 400ex ive got only a dg pipe and an airfiler on mine and i smoke my buddies 400ex were side by side until we both hit fith and he's done but im not sayin i can beat any 450's or anything like that but i say the warrior is better in the long run both stockers the 400ex is better but just a few mods and no 400ex can touch it

cowboy...the only thing that be smoking is you...there is no comparison between a 400ex and a warrior...the ex walks all over the warrior in every way...

case in point...about 3 years ago...i had my 200ex out with a new warrior/raptor 350...it was a month old and the guy had the same mods as i did performance wise...exhaust filter properly jetted...

i was leading the pack down one of the few atv legal roads and was just cruising in 2nd gear as we had some slower utes in the group. up comes the guy on the warrior at full run...i turned to see him coming up beside me...he was about 4 bike lengths behind me and he pointed ahead...a sign to take off and run...he had to have already been in at least 4th or 5th...he never pulled beside me and i when i hit top speed, he was still trying, but losing ground fast...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast