Thread: Dail-a-jet

Dail-a-jet

ok so pretty much i have no idea how to jet my carb. i saw this thing ing a magazine called dail-a-jet and its external and it is sopposed to constantly keep the jetting correct. will this work? and one used one?

well. i have heard that it works pretty well. but you have to know how to reconize if your quad is lean on the fuel mixture, or its rich, and where are its symptoms in the powerband, and which jets you have to adjust to get the problem out of there, the dial a jet only controls the main jet. so if you have a problem in your low end you have to dig into the carb anyways to re jet that. there is a jetting how-to in the how to forum. you might want to check that out to help you become fimilar with jetting. i hope i helped and welcome to the site.

-steve
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

I have no experiance with this on 4 strokes, but I know a lot of people that put these on 2 strokes, and have blown the motors! They seem to not be consistant with percentages on temp or elevation changes. Hard to explain, but they don't perform reliably. At least on 2 strokes.