Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plastics

plastics

got an 01 with white race plastic, which looks alright, but im wanting a different look and a headlight. dont want the trail tech halogen lights, was thinking new plastics. maier sells front fenders for about 160, was thinking that, i have a headlight to put in it. can also get a rear fender in black for cheap. i just think its dumb to buy maier when honda sells front plastic for about $40 less though a dealer. what woould you guys do? go all white, go all black, all red or black and red?
    mx 400ex
    250r
    300ex

i miss them all

-ride or die-

all black would look sick I've always wanted a black 400ex.
    04 450R

i'd go white. i know someone on here has a white 400ex and it looks pretty good. i think its got like black flame graphics and i remember seeing pictures of it beside a black 450r.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

think im goin white. once one of u guys gives me $300...just kidding, im getting the white front fender and a k&k racing flame graphic kit, looks pretty sweet (im picturing it in my head).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mx 400ex
    250r
    300ex

i miss them all

-ride or die-

Maier plastic is better than factory and factory plastic has them indents for the warning labels maier does not. Also if you get the front made to hold lights you also need to buy side panels unlike the race front which has the side panels built in.

Trail tech lights dont need to be mounted on your bars. You could mount them on the frame where they look better.

Originally posted by bajaracer21
    Maier plastic is better than factory and factory plastic has them indents for the warning labels maier does not.
    The stock plastic definately has a better fit than maier. Mine were a pain in the butt to put on.

Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
    The stock plastic definately has a better fit than maier. Mine were a pain in the butt to put on.

i agree..

mine needed holes that shouldve already been there, recutting of existing holes to make the maier sidepanels fit and additional brackets with little no instructions on assembly. too much effort for the price paid..

theyre not impossible to install, but enough of a hassel that im reluctant buy aftermarket plastic again.

Originally posted by GPF
    i agree..

mine needed holes that shouldve already been there, recutting of existing holes to make the maier sidepanels fit and additional brackets with little no instructions on assembly. too much effort for the price paid..

theyre not impossible to install, but enough of a hassel that im reluctant buy aftermarket plastic again.
    x2.

I was cussing Maier when I installed my plastics a couple weeks back. The rear wasn't bad, the front sucked. The price to pay for an aftermarket color.

I wish Honda made more colors. Nothing fits like OE plastics.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

I like the look of maier plastic better then stock but you do have to "fit" them at first. I also like the looks of my white fenders but they are a PITA to keep clean. Going black next time......haha.
    '00 Honda XR400R - The classic
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - The 450 killer - FOR SALE
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine
    '05 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 ES - The plow

All you guys with your maier plastics, I am ready for those I have sent two sets back already! Both came and the left fender at the bottom was paper thin and buckling on both. I am pissed still waiting! But the back set looks sick on there!
    2001 400ex
    Black Wrinkle finish powdercoat
    E-series muffler
    K&N air filiter
    A few more things then pretty much stock!

Florence Oregon Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast