Thread: Bought new typhoon have ?

Bought new typhoon have ?

Hey guys, just bought a new typhoon (the original). We had it out yesterday and going out today. As of right now it's just for fun. So far we are very happy with the machine. my questions are how much oil? is it ok to run Amsoil? any online maintenance manual? Other than tighting everything up is their anything else I need to watch out for. Also the shifter is way tight. I know it will loosen up (that's my only *****). were going to look into a heal toe shifter. Thanks
    2008 Outlaw irs
    JD KIT
    FMF PIPE
    AC NERF'S
    13 TOOTH SPROCKET
    ALBA FAT HANDLEBAR KIT

Update, first my son is 9yrs. old, 75-80lbs and this is his first quad. the machine is still running good but I did notice when we got home it's leaking oil pretty bad. I tightened all bolts before the second day out. I'll see where its coming from today. Also both nerf bars broke, screen towards heal fell completle out. I'll call xtreme today and see if they will replace? I hope this machine is not a PITA.
    2008 Outlaw irs
    JD KIT
    FMF PIPE
    AC NERF'S
    13 TOOTH SPROCKET
    ALBA FAT HANDLEBAR KIT

Did you get the 70cc, 90cc or the 125cc?
    As for the nerf bar - the "screen" basket on the rear - just leave it off - do not replace it... or put on the AC nerf bars. If you replace the screen for the heel - it will just come off again.... We put the "Heel-Toe" shifter on all of our Typhoons.... As for other things to do to the bike - it depends on what cc you have...
    -------------------------------------------
    J Boyz Racing
    www.jboyzracing.net
    Minnesota!!!
    -------------------------------------------

sorry, I have the 125cc. can I use amsoil 10/40? I'm going to fabricate a diamond plate heal guard. I'll post pic. if it turns out. Also I think the leak is from the dealer overfilling it, I hope.
    2008 Outlaw irs
    JD KIT
    FMF PIPE
    AC NERF'S
    13 TOOTH SPROCKET
    ALBA FAT HANDLEBAR KIT

most of the heel gaurds fall of after ten minutes of riding. call ac racing to get new ones about $250.00 dont go by the stick to fill it with oil. i put in over a little over a quart and it was to much ,came out the over flow tube, just a little under a quart will do.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

You shouldn't use Amsoil. Only use Honda GN4 oil and change it often. Synthetics are "to good" and will make your clutch slip. It may be to late since you already ran it with the synthetic oil. You may have to replace you clutch. In any rate, get the synthetic out ASAP.

Shane
    WWW.FINISHLAST.ORG

Amen to NO Amsoil!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your clutch will start slipping. Honda's is right on the money!!
    My husband changes Ash's every 2nd ride.
    Sponsors:
    Rockwall Honda, MSR, SPY, Fasst Flexx Bars, Rath Racing, ASV Levers, Quad Tech, PMP Sprockets, Regina, BRM Offroad Graphics, Works Shocks, Pawpaw and Nana, KFAB and GOD!!

Thanks for the reply's. I haven't used Amsoil yet. I was asking if it was ok. I will go with the Honda oil you guy's suggested. Thanks
    2008 Outlaw irs
    JD KIT
    FMF PIPE
    AC NERF'S
    13 TOOTH SPROCKET
    ALBA FAT HANDLEBAR KIT

We run Amsoil and have no trouble but I would run 0 40 Atv powersports or 10 40 scooter oil Adj your clutches once in a while all will be fine

Dylan 03
    Rowlands Motorsports
    EVS
    Scott
    X Tream Clean

Motul 3000 for oil. You can't go wrong with it
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors: