Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look At This

Question Look At This

THIS SMALL SPILL BENT THE SPINDLE, A-ARMS, AND TWEAKED THE FRAME..... BEEN WAITING 6 WKS AND BRP DOESN'T HAVE THE A FRAME FOR ME YET. ALL OTHER STUFF IS FIXED BUT WAITING FOR FRAME SPECS, AND OR NEW FRAME....

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=27084342
    shanester

08 ds450
    02 660 raptor
    07 raptor 700se
    05 yfz450
    05 artic cat 650 h1
    06 artic cat 700 efi
    01 recon 250

too bad the camera guy missed out on much of the actual impact. Have any pics of it afterwards to show how bad the tweaks are?

dang that sucks that that happened to your new ds. Pictures of the broken parts would be nice just because I wanna get a DS and I don't wanna buy something that will get all screwed up if I wreck it.

So what kind of engine oil is everyone using? I need to change my "break in" oil. The Can-Am dealer is an hour away, so what readily avail. brands are there?

Thanks

um ya we need pics i did see a bend axle in the other vid tho
    05 black 450r Sparks Exhaust ,ESR Intake

That shouldn't have messed all that stuff up. Are you sure that was the crash that did it?

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY FIRST THAT I HOPE I DIN'T SOUND LIKE I WAS TRASH TALKING THE DS...IT'S AWESOME!!!!! MINE HAS THESE ISSUES THAT KEEP COMING ON DUE TO RIDER ERROR AND IT'S NOT EASY FOR THE DEALER TO GET THE JOB DONE DUE TO BRP HOLD UP'S. I HAVE A FEW PICS OF THE BIKE AFTER THE SPILL... I'LL TRY TO FIND THEM AND GET THEM UP ASAP!!! AS FOR THE OIL I USED XP-S 5W-40, BRP SYNTHETIC. AND I AM POSITIVE IT HAPPENED ON THAT VIDEO. THE NEXT MORNING I NOTICED THE RIGHT FRONT WHEEL LEANING IN AT THE TOP ABOUT 2 1/4 INCHES.
    shanester

08 ds450
    02 660 raptor
    07 raptor 700se
    05 yfz450
    05 artic cat 650 h1
    06 artic cat 700 efi
    01 recon 250

Well Shanester, I won't sit here and bash, it does seem like an awful lot of damage for such a small event as I have seen the DS take much more brutal hits from all angles and have no damage.

However weird things can happen in the most mundane incident and the fact that you say you are not bashing the quad, but the service and even state it was rider error, shows accountability. Good for you, and let's not forget, judging from this video, these aren't 155 lb lightweights. These are big dudes riding, so something happening with a 150 lb rider is quite different than someone over 225.

Hope it gets worked out for ya Shanester....

TPR

I am curious to see how long it takes brp to get you the parts.

As for the Oil question. I would use the oil that is recommended in the Manual, which is exactly what I am going to do. 5-40 BRP synthetic. I have been told to do this 2 times now, once with my snowmobile, (MXZ 800) and my Can am. Numerous dealers have said that BRP will not warranty your motor if anything was to happen if they find out that their oil is not in there.

IT WILL BE 7 WKS THIS FRIDAY THAT THEY HAVE HAD THE BIKE. I THINK THE DEALERSHIP COULD BE DRAGGING THIS ORDEAL OUT A LITTLE BIT BUT WHO KNOWS.......AT LEAST THEY ARE CHECKING EVERYTHING! STILL LOOKING FOR THE PIC OF THE FRONT END AFTER THE VIDEO!!!
    shanester

08 ds450
    02 660 raptor
    07 raptor 700se
    05 yfz450
    05 artic cat 650 h1
    06 artic cat 700 efi
    01 recon 250

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast