Thread: Ohlins settings?

Ohlins settings?

How are the stock ohlins shocks on the mx track, any help you could give me would be great.

Thanks
    2009 Sponsors

Monster Energy,Rath Racing,MSR,Fox,Oakley, Renthal,FMF Racing,Powermadd,Osiris Shoes,Premis Ind,Sano MX,SFB, VRM.Com, E.C.C.

on you tube you can watch a video of a rider on the ktm going through a whoop section in a split screen and it shows on the one side stock settings and on the other side the suspension dialed in. needless to say the dialed in suspension was much better then the stock setting. the stock setting shows the rider bouncing from side to side. the dialed in side was nice and smooth. the suspension is great though
    1987 banshee-fmf pipes, k&n filter, bored out.
    2000 banshee- T5 pipes, k&n filter, degree key, lightened flywheel, shaved head, shredder rear tires, fast trekker fronts all on chrome rims, lots of other chrome too.
    2008 ktm 525 xc. bone stock for now

Definitely much better with the kit! The ride height drops about 3 inches from stock! Had pretty good luck stock, but no a arms and too tall make for a tippy ride.

Thanks you guys!
    2009 Sponsors

Monster Energy,Rath Racing,MSR,Fox,Oakley, Renthal,FMF Racing,Powermadd,Osiris Shoes,Premis Ind,Sano MX,SFB, VRM.Com, E.C.C.

Originally posted by 05specialeditio
    Definitely much better with the kit! The ride height drops about 3 inches from stock! Had pretty good luck stock, but no a arms and too tall make for a tippy ride.
    you are referring to the $300 upgrade kit that you can buy at the dealers right? it lowered it three inches? that is very impressive
    2009 KTM450XC.

Exactly! Except that it must be installed by an Ohlins dealer/repair shop. It is a very involved process that took my shock guy I think around 20 hours for all three. I goy one of the first kits and actualyy had to make a part for it to work. Discussed this with Ohlins after the facts and they actually were pulling some of the first kits and changing that part. I ended up at about $1000.00 all said and done. I would say it was definitely not a cheap option, but well worth it. I will be changing springs again as soon as my A-arms get here and I will keep you posted on how they work +2.

It only took us 2 hours at smith suspensions.
    Check out these + 2 a arms All 4 racing makes and chain guilds.
    616-813-7838
    Attached Images Attached Images

/Sweet Quad! Which springs did you guys use?I am switching to the 29/35..l257

Sweet bike Bill.
    2009 Sponsors

springs fronts

Thanks guys.
    Will have Ohlins part # 6380-05 fronts the rear spring will be the duel rate as so as Ohlins gets them in stock.

Chad's Sponsors: D.R.G big carbs, THOR, VILLAGE MOTORSPORTS, SKORBORDZ, SMITH SUSPENSION .COM, UTOPIA, GAERNE BOOTS, KSA RACING, REGINA CHAINS, AMSOIL, FMF RACING, ASV, WIESAN ING, McNINCH CHIROPRACTIC, MICHIGAN MOTOX.COM, ALL 4 RACING
    Attached Images Attached Images