Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 525 oil

I like to save money where i can so I save all my old bacon grease and do my oil changes with that. The vescosity is great and it gives off a great smell when I ride so I am always hungry after a ride. The best thing about it though is I know I am due for an oil change when the jug I keep the left over bacon gease is full. This way I never have to keep track of how many hours of riding time between oil changes. I have only had to do 6 1/2 engin over hauls since I got it last november. The 1/2 was for the first over haul, I took it in under warrenty. They got half way through and saw I was not using the "recomend oil" and said it would not be covered so I finished it myself. Can you belive that, what dic_s! Any way I think the pros out weigh the cons. It is deffinatly an oil saver.

Originally posted by brhaminator
    I like to save money where i can so I save all my old bacon grease and do my oil changes with that. The vescosity is great and it gives off a great smell when I ride so I am always hungry after a ride. The best thing about it though is I know I am due for an oil change when the jug I keep the left over bacon gease is full. This way I never have to keep track of how many hours of riding time between oil changes. I have only had to do 6 1/2 engin over hauls since I got it last november. The 1/2 was for the first over haul, I took it in under warrenty. They got half way through and saw I was not using the "recomend oil" and said it would not be covered so I finished it myself. Can you belive that, what dic_s! Any way I think the pros out weigh the cons. It is deffinatly an oil saver.
    **Mark**

2006 Polaris Outlaw 500
    2004 Honda Rancher 350
    2005 Polaris Predator 90

“Observance of the Constitution is essential to the survival of the Republic and the well being of Americans, their lives,liberties and property. Those in power must fear the consequences of ignoring, evading or violating it.”

Member of PolarisSportRiders.com

This is why i love riding behind you! HAHAHAHAHA i laughed my bag off!

What brand of bacon was it though. I hear turkey bacon grease is really bad on motors.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    Polaris, Ranger, Victory, Triumph, BMW
    West 16th Street Indpls., IN
    just west of the river by Saab
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

My sentiments exactly, thats why I think I'll just pony out the extra money for the Polaris oil, or the KTM oil. Engineers design engines with a particular oil in mind, just anything isn't exactly the same. It's just an added risk that isn't really worth it.
    Outlaw 525
    Brute Force 650
    Banshee
    lt250r (parting out)

the more people I talk to that run KTM's the more I hear that the KTM race teams run rotella-t. I talked to a guy at a race sunday that has a KTM quad and that what he is running also. I ran it in mine for the first time during the race and it did fine.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

I can't get rotella T where i live. so my question still stands can i use Mobile 1 5W50 or 5W40?
    I have looked for Rotella T and i found it but it is for Diesel engines and it cost $12.00 a liter....polaris oil $11.00 and Mobile 1 cost $38 for 5 liters. So i chose to put my money where it will help me ride more and have to work less!

I am tell ya man, bacon grease all the way.

Originally posted by sheriff525
    I can't get rotella T where i live. so my question still stands can i use Mobile 1 5W50 or 5W40?
    I have looked for Rotella T and i found it but it is for Diesel engines and it cost $12.00 a liter....polaris oil $11.00 and Mobile 1 cost $38 for 5 liters. So i chose to put my money where it will help me ride more and have to work less!
    Moblie one is not clutch friendly unless it is the motorcycle kind which I have never seen in a store. I saw some at the triumph dealership the other day and it was $9 a quart. It said it was for motorcycles and atv's on it though.

Rotella-t is a deisel oil. It is what we are running. We are buying buuy the gallon here in the states for $16us a gallon for the synthetic. i think the regular is $9us a gallon.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

Originally posted by sheriff525
    I can't get rotella T where i live.
    Wow, I can't believe that you do nto have a Wal-Mart anywhere close to you, that is where I get it. It is in the blue 1 gallon jug....
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast