Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outlaw 525 oil

Walmart doesn't carry Rotella T in Canada. It's available from any Shell distributors. That's where I got mine from.

That is interesting that walmart does not carry it in Canada. You would think that they would. At least some things were cleared up in this thread.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    Polaris, Ranger, Victory, Triumph, BMW
    West 16th Street Indpls., IN
    just west of the river by Saab
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

Sweet...Now i have seen the Rotella here at another store and it is the synthetic 5W-40 so i am going to try that and see how it works... thanks for your help. I believe it is the synthetic t diesel oil. The diesel part threw me off and i just wasn't sure. I know my brother is having alot of success with his bacon grease but it just makes me too hungry when we go riding. So i will just stick with what i find. THanks so much. Oh and to all the Canadians go to Canadian Tire. They should have it but it is not much cheaper.

We do have Wal-Mart too

I ran Mobil 1 racing 4t that I had left over from my sport bike and my clutch started slipping right away. I ran it for two rides and same thing clutch was slipping when taking off and in rocky areas were you neeed to use your clutch and gas alot. I changed oil out to Rotella-t and it went away? I never had any problems with my clutch in my sport bike. Not sure what the difference is both are wet clutch set- up's

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx

Originally posted by SSJEFF
    Moblie one is not clutch friendly unless it is the motorcycle kind which I have never seen in a store. I saw some at the triumph dealership the other day and it was $9 a quart. It said it was for motorcycles and atv's on it though.

Rotella-t is a deisel oil. It is what we are running. We are buying buuy the gallon here in the states for $16us a gallon for the synthetic. i think the regular is $9us a gallon.
    2008 Outlaw irs
    JD KIT
    FMF PIPE
    AC NERF'S
    13 TOOTH SPROCKET
    ALBA FAT HANDLEBAR KIT

Originally posted by SSJEFF
    the more people I talk to that run KTM's the more I hear that the KTM race teams run rotella-t. I talked to a guy at a race sunday that has a KTM quad and that what he is running also. I ran it in mine for the first time during the race and it did fine.
    It prob is fine. Over time if guys are getting bikes with alot of hours on them running the Rotella-t I may switch to it. Just going to give it some time.
    Outlaw 525
    Brute Force 650
    Banshee
    lt250r (parting out)

ok somebody do a dyno test to see which oil makes more power on a average say 10 dyno runs each and maybe even hotlap them to which gets rid of the heat????????????
    ktm 525xc
    525s now a 600cc animal
    416 scrambler
    700 grizz w/ps

Wow, I had no idea when I started this thread that it would become so popular, and controversial. Only seen one person post up any problems after switching to Rotella (the ring guy). So It appears that it is more than fine to run it.
    Outlaw 525
    Brute Force 650
    Banshee
    lt250r (parting out)

beacon grease.

I thought I had a problem when my clutch went out but I think it was low on oil, I did not put enough in it. the site glass is tricky. I am now running the synthetic in both my motorcycles and my 525. I am going to switch the 525 over to regular rotella-t after another oil change.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    Polaris, Ranger, Victory, Triumph, BMW
    West 16th Street Indpls., IN
    just west of the river by Saab
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing