Thread: 450 or 525?

450 or 525?

I am looking at getting a KTM but not sure on which one to get. I recently rode the 525 and loved it, but what i want to know is how much of a difference is there between the 450 and the 525, How much of a noticable power difference is there between the two. I have been looking at the KTM website and the only difference I could find is the motor size. which one would be better for my kind of riding. I like to ride fast and push the limits of woods riding on trails, and at the dunes.
    Green KFX450R - PCIII, 13" Dasa pipe, Fuel ATV Intake, Walsh Flow A-arms, PEP PB1's, Crower Intake cam & dirt bike exhaust cam

Black KFX450R - Roll A-arms, Fox DCS shocks,

Re: 450 or 525?

Originally posted by livetoride
    I like to ride fast and push the limits of woods riding on trails, and at the dunes.
    Trails, dunes? think no more -> 525

the 525 is a wise choice over the 450. more power is always a better choice. virtually the same bike only bigger displacement motor.
    1987 banshee-fmf pipes, k&n filter, bored out.
    2000 banshee- T5 pipes, k&n filter, degree key, lightened flywheel, shaved head, shredder rear tires, fast trekker fronts all on chrome rims, lots of other chrome too.
    2008 ktm 525 xc. bone stock for now

525 for sure. The power difference is huge I thought.

The two quads are almost exactly the same, Im pretty sure you can actualy swap the motors out with no mods to the frame
    #49 Tom Simon

Originally posted by Simon MX49
    525 for sure. The power difference is huge I thought.

The two quads are almost exactly the same, Im pretty sure you can actualy swap the motors out with no mods to the frame
    Yes, the motors are exactly the same except cylinder and piston
    You take out the 450 and put the 525 and vice versa, easily
    Another advantage for KTM...

I think that I'll probly end up going with the 525 since its basicly the 450 with a big bore kit. or maybe buy the 450 and put the 525 motor in it, just think of the possibilities
    Green KFX450R - PCIII, 13" Dasa pipe, Fuel ATV Intake, Walsh Flow A-arms, PEP PB1's, Crower Intake cam & dirt bike exhaust cam

Black KFX450R - Roll A-arms, Fox DCS shocks,

I like that idea, buy the 450, and then buy a 525 motor. You can run production class at the MX nationals with the 450 motor, and use either for GNCC's
    #49 Tom Simon

get the 525! thats what i'm doing, our dealer didnt even bother with the 450's and just got the 525's

i think they're focusing on selling YFZ's though since they're a Yamaha/KTM dealer
    call me XS

2008 KTM 525XC
    (it's fast)

my movies