Thread: Which way do these rings go? CP piston

Which way do these rings go? CP piston

Well I just got my piston in and I dont want to mess it up. So which rings go in what slots.

I was thinking the darker colored ring goes in the top slot with the bevel edge facing down and then u take the 2 smaller rings and put that squiggly thing in between then and put that in the bottom slot. But then there is still one ring left?
    N. Bender

2009 LTR450-lightly modded

Look at the directions. They tell you what one goes where.

Ya the directions that CP pistons come with are very clear and detailed.

And don't just read the part of the directions that tells u which ring goes where and throw it to the side, read the whole thing.
    They'll tell u where the front of the piston is, where the ring gabs have to be orientated, ring gap size and all.

You shouldn't even be putting the rings on the piston yet though, first you have to slide them into the cylinder to measure the ring cap.
    05 450r
    Motowoz LT F&R / SMC +3 / Elka Pro Dual Link / RPM / Flexx / Rath / Douglas
    DRG Head / Ferrea +1x4 / CP 12:1 / 05 HRC Cam / HR +3 Balanced&Welded / DRG 43.5 FCR / DASA Classic

Originally posted by d3ktrix
    Ya the directions that CP pistons come with are very clear and detailed.

And don't just read the part of the directions that tells u which ring goes where and throw it to the side, read the whole thing.
    They'll tell u where the front of the piston is, where the ring gabs have to be orientated, ring gap size and all.

You shouldn't even be putting the rings on the piston yet though, first you have to slide them into the cylinder to measure the ring cap.
    The directions I have are chit. They only explain how to measure the ring gaps. Which I already did. They sent me 2 rings and then the 3 parts for the oil ring. The one ring is bevelled and it doesnt fit in any of the slots. The other one fits perfectly. Its a 2 ring piston so IDk why they sent me 3.

Anyways I got it all figured out.
    N. Bender

what compression is that piston?
    05 450r
    houser
    longhorn
    ac racing
    works connections
    quadtech
    cp pistons
    cycle concepts head
    g force
    pc'd white frame

Originally posted by honda4life72
    what compression is that piston?
    N. Bender

CP piston

What Quad is it for.
    I just install a CP in a KTM 450XC they sent the wrong ring set check to see if the oil spring ring fits the bottom ring groove if it will not fit its the wrong set, the first ring is the shiny one the second ring throw it away.
    letter or numbers up. Go to the web site. cppistons.com

Re: CP piston

Originally posted by ktmbill
    What Quad is it for.
    I just install a CP in a KTM 450XC they sent the wrong ring set check to see if the oil spring ring fits the bottom ring groove if it will not fit its the wrong set, the first ring is the shiny one the second ring throw it away.
    letter or numbers up. Go to the web site. cppistons.com
    Its for a 06 450r.

Ya the oil rings and spacers fit perfectly. I just tossed the bevelled ring because it didnt fit into any groove. I put the shiny one in number side up.

Thanks .
    N. Bender