Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 525 Jetting poll

Outlaw 525 Jetting poll

If you have this bike and have jetted it would you be so kind as to post up your mods, jets, needle settings, pilot, slow screw settings and elevation? I'm just trying to get a feel where everyone else is since I'm pretty much starting from scratch now.

Please use the following format:

Exhaust- Stock with baffles removed
    Airbox- Modified lid with Unifilter
    Any other modifications that would affect jetting

Elevation- 187'
    Main Jet- 160
    Pilot- Stock (45?)
    Airscrew- 2 turns out

Did I read that people are having problems with the Pro Motion aftermarket airscrews? Cause I have one. What exactly is the problem?

Best Regards,
    Stu

There have been multiple people with problems when running any of the aftermarket airscrews.

Exhaust- Full CT Sonic
    Airbox- No lid, ProDesign K&N
    Elevation- 800'
    Main Jet- 172
    Airscrew-2 turns out

JD Jet kit with the big o-ring and blue needle 3rd clip.
    Pilot, slow jet stock. Stock plugged leak jet.
    AP timing .100"
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

Exhaust- Duncan
    Air box, EHS lid, Pro design K&N filter
    Elevation 0' too 800'
    main Jet 168 JD
    JD Blue needle 3rd clip
    Pilot 48 air 80 (a little rich)
    Air screw 1.5 turns out, KTM's
    R&D Power Shot set for 40 leak jet
    R&D AP springs
    AP timing .100"
    Scary Fast Power Now and Power Now+

Works for me starts easy no bogs
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Alba Exhaust
    Prodesign K&N filter with DIY Outerwares lid
    JD jet kit
    175 main might go back to 172
    Needle 3rd from top blue needle, might richen it up when I lean main out
    Big oring
    plug in the leak jet
    set my AP timing to around .110"
    Don't know were my adjustable screw from KTM hard parts is at

runs descent with no stumble

Update
    165, red needle on the 2nd from top.

would you please define "plug in the leak jet" I'm not familiar with that term. Thanks.

And you guys are mentioning two different values for the pilot jet can you explain how that works. I'm used to a Banshee where the pilot is just the pilot jet.

At 187' I'm thinking I'll go back to the 170 main, originally when I had that in everyone was saying I was way too rich, now it seems allot of guys are settling on the 165+ range of main jets.

I have the JD jetting kit if that matters. I'm running the red needle right now, should I go back to the blue needle? It's still a little cold but usually the weather is 65-80 degrees in spring summer around good old Virginia.

Thanks for the input!

Exhaust- Stock w/baffle (for now)
    Air box-Lid on, K&N filter
    JD 162 main jet
    JD Blue needle 3rd clip
    JD Big O-ring (increases accel pump speed)
    JD Accel pump diaphragm (reduces accel pump volume)
    Air screw 2 turns out

stock exhaust baffle in
    ehs racing lid with k&n filter
    jd jet kit
    165 main jet
    red needle at 4th clip position (i just took out my blue needle, temp's have been in low 60's here)
    stock pilot jet
    big o-ring
    and i have a aftermarket air screw, got it from polaris dealer, i haven't had a problem what so ever with it.
    air screw 1 and 3/4 turns
    haven't touched the slow leak jet
    elavation is about the same as you ojcool
    07 outlaw 525 BOD 03/22/07
    POWERMADD ORANGE HANDGUARDS, K&N FILTER, EHS RACING LID, JD JET KIT, HMF SLIP ON, 13 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET

2006 22 FOOT HOBBI TOY HAULER.. BRIGHT RED

2002 SCRAMBLER
    FMF FULL EXHAUST, REWORKED CLUTCH. 22 INCH HAULERS. WIFE'S RIDE

Originally posted by ojcool
    would you please define "plug in the leak jet" I'm not familiar with that term. Thanks.

And you guys are mentioning two different values for the pilot jet can you explain how that works. I'm used to a Banshee where the pilot is just the pilot jet.

At 187' I'm thinking I'll go back to the 170 main, originally when I had that in everyone was saying I was way too rich, now it seems allot of guys are settling on the 165+ range of main jets.

I have the JD jetting kit if that matters. I'm running the red needle right now, should I go back to the blue needle? It's still a little cold but usually the weather is 65-80 degrees in spring summer around good old Virginia.

Thanks for the input!
    The Outlaw comes with the Leak jet plugged. Some machines with the FCR carb like the YFZ and KTM have a leak jet that lets some fuel back into the carb instead of being pumped into the carb by the accelerator pump. A leak jet will shorten the time and amount of fuel sprayed by the AC pump when opening up the throttle.

The 2 pilots bill mentioned are the main pilot jet (48) and the slow air pilot jet (80). The slow air pilot jet can be accessed through the throttle body on the intake side.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

Evasiveone, I'm curious too, you and bill are now running blue needles. Is this just for the winter, or did your exhaust mods require enough extra fuel to need the blue needle, even in the summer? I just seem to remember everyone running red in the summer. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Originally posted by Evasiveone
    The Outlaw comes with the Leak jet plugged. Some machines with the FCR carb like the YFZ and KTM have a leak jet that lets some fuel back into the carb instead of being pumped into the carb by the accelerator pump. A leak jet will shorten the time and amount of fuel sprayed by the AC pump when opening up the throttle.

The 2 pilots bill mentioned are the main pilot jet (48) and the slow air pilot jet (80). The slow air pilot jet can be accessed through the throttle body on the intake side.
    Ok, so the leak jet is just an adjustable bleed that lets the fuel in the accelerator pump slowly empty out an back into the fuel bowl? I assume it's adjustable or is it either open or plugged?
    So if there are essentially two pilot jets I assume the primary one (48) affects the idle and lower rpms and the slow air jet (80) affects the a/f before the needle becomes more involved? Does the air screw affect both the (48) and the (80) or just one? Is one considered to be leaner than the other with the factory setup?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast