Thread: Greased Joints

Greased Joints

I know, greased joints from smoker, anyway... I've had my 400 a few weeks and was concerned with lube in the from and rear pivots so instead of waiting until I was replacing bushings I pulled it apart to find out I was right for doing so. Although this was a new bike it had relatively little grease so I packed it with good waterproof grease. The moral of my writing, even though it's a new bike don't trust Honda to worry about your joints being greased.
    04' 450R w/ stuff

Is it posable to drill holes in those and put zirks on them?

I'm sure you could but honda doesn't put them on for a reason so I wouldn't either,,just buy new a-arms and a new axle carrier and you'll have zerks and it'll be much cheaper doing this than drilling holes and installing grease zerks...

I agree with Rico, if you can afford it. Drilling and tapping might lead to cracking on the pivot. A long time ago they used to sell pivot bolts for the 250R that were partially hollow with a zerk on the end to grease it, but it never seemed to catch on. It may have broken also. A good waterproof grease should last a long time if you pack it well.
    04' 450R w/ stuff

yea i agree 100% man the one guy a i know that is an awsome bike mechanic says the week after you get a new machine take it apart and greece everything....b/c not only honda but all companies skimp-out on greese....dunno why it would save people alot of time but they don't....later
    06 YFZ 450..all white... LRD pipe, jet kit, lid removed, cam mod

LT JB front end and Ohlins shocks coming before june.

aaaaa. I guess i never thought of that. Good idea, thanks rico