Thread: Are Jet Kits All Their Cracked Up To Be???

Are Jet Kits All Their Cracked Up To Be???

i have a rancher 400 AT with big tires on it i dont have an exhaust just a k&n filter, will i feel a littlebit more power or not?and would i be able to install it myself they say detailed instructions ,,does that mean a guy with alot of tools could do it or professionals only.. big trip coming up in a week and a half gotta get ready?i appreciate ur time..

jet kits don't provide power, the even up the air fuel ratio when you change anything intake or exhaust...you changed to a more free flowing air filter and are now running lean without rejettting...lean is baaaaaaaadddddddd...

go to www.jetsrus.com and read all of their faq sections...

sounds likeit really doesnt make a power difference but it better for the motor right,? i should get it done by a professional seems complicated

it is very simple to do...

i think im goin to order it and try doin it myself any advice?

take your time, remember where the bolts for your fenders go...it is easy but time consuming...it is usually a trial and error thing to get it right. you are ok being a little rich(too much gas)...you do not want to be lean(too much air) at all.

the "extra" fuel actually helps cooling, that is why it is ok to be a little rich(some call it fat). read the faqs from www.jetsrus.com to help you be able to read your plug...expect a whole afternoon...with some test runs...