Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOOK*** "Rick's H/S CDI a joke?????

LOOK*** "Rick's H/S CDI a joke?????

Soooo....I have been looking around for some upgrades for my 99 Blaster. I found this CDI box upgrade....here

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/pr...y_pinchers.htm

NOW....the funny part is.....when I contact Rick's motorsports, not only do they NOT indorse the selling of ANY of thier products on the web, they do not gurantee them either. So....when I called them to get a Hot Shot Series CDI box for my quad.....they say that they have never even heard of a Hot Shot series CDI box for a Blaster, nor do they have them, nor have they ever made them. SOOOO....my question is....what the hell is this review, and everyone is selling them, but multiple females at Rick's Motorsport electrics, have never heard of them and cannot help me.

IS THIS A FAKE????? why would they say that? Why wouldn't they just sell me one if they are the ones making them, and they don't want other to be selling them? Are they not actualy from Rick's.....or WHAT????

Very confused....HELP!
    2008 LT-R450 #97 ....ATV FourPlay stem w/ softbars,PC5 w/autotune, Uni filter, EHS air box lid, Pro Design intake, PRM control series front bumper, ATV FourPlay Aarms -1 1/16", Fox Podium X DSC, Fox Float Evols, Rath racing nerfs w/heel guards, One Industries graphics, HEP rear number plate, BRM number plates, Suzuki carbon fiber frame guards, ProDesign teather, CCP steering stabilizer, QuadTech beak, alum. elec. guard, Acerbis Uniko handguards, Fuel parking brake blockoff , Youshimura start button, throttle body block off nut, PRM frame skid, Suzuki .250" disc guard, GT Thunder dual sprocket guard, Guard Dog sprocket guard cleaner, milled LT-Z400 rear hubs, HiPer beadlocks w/ Razr 2s all around

Certified Suzuki Technician

ANOTHER PROBLEM IS YOUR LINK. It doesn't work
    00' 400EX
    semi loaded

Marcus You will be Missed. See you on the other side my friend. R.I.P.

bad link...just do a search for hot shot CDI...there is a review on ATVsourc.com....first link that pops up when you search

it's not a hot shot....even though they all advertise it as that.....so don't be fooled. Granted, it's still better than the stock one, and cheaper than OEM. I have seen some places charging $45 for hot shot cdi's, and if it's for a blaster, add $25...thats $70 for an OEM non-hot shot cdi, so don't be fooled. Just figure I would toss that out there since I stumbled accross it.

Here is the email the lady from Rick's Motorsport electrics sent me.

Ryan,

Thank you for the email. I am aware of the article that you sent the link to – the author was incorrect when he said that our Blaster CDI box is part of our Hot Shot Series. Once we were made aware of this fact, we took the link off of our website because of the mistake. They did in fact run all of those tests with our stock replacement CDI box for the Blaster, so if you want that box we have one in stock. Our part# is 15-411 and it retails for $40. We do not represent it as a Hot Shot Series because it does not meet our strict criteria, although it may test better than a stock piece.

Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Amanda Shaw

PR & Marketing Coordinator

Rick's Motorsport Electrics, Inc.

30 Owens Ct. #2

Hampstead, NH 03841

603-329-9901

www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com
    2008 LT-R450 #97 ....ATV FourPlay stem w/ softbars,PC5 w/autotune, Uni filter, EHS air box lid, Pro Design intake, PRM control series front bumper, ATV FourPlay Aarms -1 1/16", Fox Podium X DSC, Fox Float Evols, Rath racing nerfs w/heel guards, One Industries graphics, HEP rear number plate, BRM number plates, Suzuki carbon fiber frame guards, ProDesign teather, CCP steering stabilizer, QuadTech beak, alum. elec. guard, Acerbis Uniko handguards, Fuel parking brake blockoff , Youshimura start button, throttle body block off nut, PRM frame skid, Suzuki .250" disc guard, GT Thunder dual sprocket guard, Guard Dog sprocket guard cleaner, milled LT-Z400 rear hubs, HiPer beadlocks w/ Razr 2s all around

quit pissing with the over priced do nothing crap, 50 to 60 thousand volt, big deal run you stock ignition 50 k is enough.

adjust your stator by having the holes made oval

My ricks hot shot on my 300ex worked fine, it was great.
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

I am a parts salesman for Ronayers.com and Ricks does offer one for the '99 Blaster. They retail for $39.95 but I can get you one for $37.38 + shipping (depending on where you are located). I have one on my 1999 300ex and it works great.
    1999 300EX In Progress... STILL!

OK, so I started by finding a "Hot Shot" cdi on eBay, then went to the Ricks website. All they list is a stock replacement, not listed as a Hotshot,
    My cdi is fine, I was just looking for higher rpm to get more from the pipe, jetting, and air box mods.
    Am I wasting my time, and more importantly, my money on a cdi from Ricks?
    Scars are tattoos with better stories.
    The older I get, the faster I used to be.

98 300 EX - PRM rear rack - DG Fat Nerfs- DG V- Pro Fat Series front bumper - FMF Q2 pipe and muffler - re-jetted carb, modded air box. +.080 Weisco piston, Stage 1 HotCam, and CT Racing head.
    400EX lower a arms and shocks - 250R upper arms - KOQ Racing shock bracket - Renthal bars - Trail Tech billet headlights - Lonestar carrier and anti fade hub. 14 x 37 gearing

'04 400 Outlander 4x4 with 5000 miles - front and rear rack extensions - front bumper - windshield - hand and thumb warmers

Newest toy - 1982 Suzuki GS750E 8650 original miles

Originally posted by BM@Ronayers
    I am a parts salesman for Ronayers.com and Ricks does offer one for the '99 Blaster. They retail for $39.95 but I can get you one for $37.38 + shipping (depending on where you are located). I have one on my 1999 300ex and it works great.
    And you sir....are wrong. I too work at a parts store, Mid-Ohio Honda Yamaha. There is no such thing bro. People are selling them labled as "hotshots"...but in FACT....they are not. I called Rick's personaly, and discussed over the phone, and via email, to a representitive for Eick's. They have NEVER made a Hotshot. The reason it is not called a Hotshot, is that it does not meet the requirments and standars set by Rick's, for Rick's. Not saying it isn't a better CDI box.....Because it is. Thier "stock replacement does actualy remove the rev limiter which in in your yamaha CDI box, and it also creats 70K volts as opposed to Yamahas 50K volts.

I can tell a good differance using the Rick's replacement box....but if you think it is going to be some durastic crazy improvement....don't fool yourself.

And don't get dooped into paying $80+ for a CDI box that regualar dealers sell for $39.95......then these guys over here go but some, strap a lable on it, and sell it as something it's not.

Even Rick's motorsport electrics has it on thier website that they cannot be held responsable for anyone selling Holshot CDI box, or any of thier products unless they are an autherized dealer....which 99% are not.

After getting mixed responses as to whether there was one available for my quad I figured I would go straight to the source and sent an email to Ricks.
    The good news is that they do make one for my bike, it is cheaper than what I could get it from eBay, and shipping was included in the price. And they responded in a matter of hours.
    The bad news is that the part number on eBay does not correspond to the part number quoted by Ricks as an actual Hotshot CDI.
    I can tell you from personal experience that you REALLY have to be careful buying on eBay in particular (3 months and about 40 emails and dispute entries to get my money back for a product never delivered) and in general from any online / mail order place that you can't verify to your own satisfaction. There are a lot of good vendors out there. But not as many as the other kind,,,,,,,
    Caveat Emptor - "Let the buyer beware" is more true today than ever.
    Scars are tattoos with better stories.
    The older I get, the faster I used to be.

98 300 EX - PRM rear rack - DG Fat Nerfs- DG V- Pro Fat Series front bumper - FMF Q2 pipe and muffler - re-jetted carb, modded air box. +.080 Weisco piston, Stage 1 HotCam, and CT Racing head.
    400EX lower a arms and shocks - 250R upper arms - KOQ Racing shock bracket - Renthal bars - Trail Tech billet headlights - Lonestar carrier and anti fade hub. 14 x 37 gearing

'04 400 Outlander 4x4 with 5000 miles - front and rear rack extensions - front bumper - windshield - hand and thumb warmers

Newest toy - 1982 Suzuki GS750E 8650 original miles

leasureryan. I am just going off Parts Unlimited's part # 2101-0035 in there 2007 ATV book. Maybe you should let them know.
    1999 300EX In Progress... STILL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast