Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Weekend For Can-Am MX

Huge Weekend For Can-Am MX

This will be the first real test for the Epic and Wernert teams out here in California for the new DS 450, how well it stacks up to the competition and what, if any changes they need to make for the coming season.

I'll be headed up there Sunday for all the action so I should have some info and pictures when I get back....

TPR

Sound good TPR....everybody has their predictions on who's finishing where, but if you ask me you can't anymore every one of the Pros are blazin fast.

Click the link and scroll down a lil----->ATV 4Play
    You'll see the top A-arm brackets.....I'm not doggin the CanAm DS450 (it's definitely going to change the Sport quad industry), but I'm sure they make these for a reason.

No quad is perfect.....got to love the aftermarket.
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

We will be there as well! Should be a fun and interesting race. We are bringing out the akraix/can-am bike as well...stop by and check it out!

Dan
    www.quadfreestyle.com Your number one site on the web for Quad Freestyle Motocross, featuring ATV Motocross news, ATV freestyle news, forums and blogs!

Graphic Marketing Coordinator
    HPI Racing

I will be you up there all so, I all so signed up for a test ride on the DS450 on the 23 at Glamis.
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Originally posted by LTR450_#67
    Sound good TPR....everybody has their predictions on who's finishing where, but if you ask me you can't anymore every one of the Pros are blazin fast.

Click the link and scroll down a lil----->ATV 4Play
    You'll see the top A-arm brackets.....I'm not doggin the CanAm DS450 (it's definitely going to change the Sport quad industry), but I'm sure they make these for a reason.

No quad is perfect.....got to love the aftermarket.
    Absolutely. From what I've heard, chassis-wise was that the design works great for nearly every riding situation without fail.

During race testing however, what the teams noticed was that the addition of wider and slightly heavier a-arms, the additional leverage created by the suspension would cause a bit more flex in the frame around the upper a-arm mounts. Nothing severe, but in order to not have to go and repair-replace frame components, this was a simple and effective fix to finalize the MX platform.

This also allowed them to better tune the front end as there was no longer a geometric change with flex.

This is essentially the gusset kit needed for the DS.....AND IT'S A BOLT IN PRODUCT!!!!!

I won't say it's essential for everyone, but racers for sure, and anyone that wants to add a different front end may consider it and I would venture to guess that it is possible that the factory will address this on future models once the year is spent with public use as well as a full race season of abuse has yielded a wealth of data.

TPR

Originally posted by Shift_DVS
    We will be there as well! Should be a fun and interesting race. We are bringing out the akraix/can-am bike as well...stop by and check it out!

Dan
    NO!!!

Because then I'll want it....LOL

If I get some time I'll swing by.

After all the time I have spent on the web promoting/informing/defending the DS...there are a couple Can-Am big wigs that want to meet me....probably to tell me to stop...LMAO!!!!

TPR

hope this weekend goes as well i hope it does for can-am! if i get a new quad its a throwdown betweent he kfx and ds for sure!

Greg Gee at Glen Helen

Greg Gee at Glen Helen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    :-)

Jeremy Lawson at Glen Helen Practice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    :-)

those bikes are looking great to say the least! makes me excited to get to ride one hopefully soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast