Thread: shifter on warrior

shifter on warrior

what other shifter can I use for a '00 warrior instead of the stocker? I'd like to get rid of the stock setup for one that directly connects. thanks
    '00 warrior-cobra pipe, k&n filter and jet kit, moose handlebars & dg swing arm skidplate, scott grips -many more mods to come

I'm using a shifter off from a 2000 YZ250. Its a little longer than the stock warrior one but its easy to get used to.

Also if you havent checked out www.yfm350central.com I highly recamend it. the site is totally dedicated to warriors and raptor 350s, so theres a lot of knowledgeable people there for warrior info.

it says that site is unavailable right now. i will pick one of the shifters up tommorrow if they have one in stock. thanks for the info
    '00 warrior-cobra pipe, k&n filter and jet kit, moose handlebars & dg swing arm skidplate, scott grips -many more mods to come

Just cut, bend and weld up the stock one like this:

Cost=FREE

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

I had thought about that. how is it holding up? I've got one from a buddy that goes on a recon. I believe I can bend and weld it up to fit. I may try it this weekend. my local shop didn't have any of the 250 ones in stock and they said it was like $35 for one. time to break out the welder I guess

Mine's been rigged like that for going on 8 years now!!
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

well, I finally got around to getting a shifter. got one for a '00 yz. it works great. I did notch it a little because it looked like it would hit one of the cover bolts. very easy to get use to also. it shifts so much better and I have yet to hit neutral going from first to second. very worthwhile mod to do and mine only cost $15 from motosport.com. thanks for the info guys.

not a problem, heres a new link to the website, http://www.yfm350.proboards31.com/ , you'll just have to sign up for an account.
    correct me if I'm wrong becuase I hate to give out bad info.