Thread: Timberwolf OEM Filter

Timberwolf OEM Filter

I just bought a new air filter element (oem) It appears to have oil on it already. Do I need to oil it, or are the oem filters good to go from the factory?

Most of the time the OEM filters come with some oil on them, but not enough that i consider to be sufficient. It is just a good piece of mind to re-oil the filter before installing on your machine. Get a good spray filter oil such as Maxima, PJ1, Twin Air, ect. Spray evenly onto the filter and then work it in good with either a plastic bag over it or rubber gloves. Just remember that you want a nice fresh even coat of filter oil on your element at all times! And check it every 3-4 rides and clean when it becomes dirty, and re-oil it. You can never over due it on air filter care!
    05 Honda 450r-Sold

04 CRF 250X
    Factory Connection Revalves, Moose Raching Handguards, Kenda Millville Tires, Moose 1 1/8 Bars, WC skid plate+Rad. Guards, 250R pipe.

06 KTM 200XC
    Enduro Engineering Revalves, Cycra Handguards, EE Rad. Guards, WC Skid Plate, FMF Gnarly, E-Line Carbon Pipe Guard, Maxxis SI tires.