Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: False Neutral and 450 Shootout

Unhappy False Neutral and 450 Shootout

Has anybody that has a ds experianced a false neutral yet? just wondering because I'm looking into getting a ds and racing it and in dirt wheels 450 shootout this month they said that the while they were riding it in a 20 MILE run it hit false neutral 3 times between 4th and 5th. And anybody that doesn't or hasn't read the new dirt wheels the results are below:
    1.) KTM
    2.)YFZ
    3.)POLARIS MXR
    4.)DS
    5.)LTR
    6.)TRX
    7.)KFX

I was kinda shocked that the polaris beat the ds,but hey polaris isn't wait they used to be any more there moving up in the atv world. IDK just read what dirt wheels says in this shootout its intresting.

ATVsport did there 450 shootout and the DS came in 2nd behind the KTM and just in front of the Outlaw. So shootouts are not gossipal.

thats odd ditwheels shootouts usually go

1yfz
    2rap350
    3rap250

10 all others

anyway i dont know anything about ds's or the false neutrals but for what its worth im mainly stressing that DW has no idea what they are talking about half the time.
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

ya I agree with you guys I just read it cause its some info, but I hate how they are always picking yamaha's it bugs me

I can't wait to read it to see how they explain how the YFZ placed so high. I'll take the word of ATV Sport over Dirtwheels any day. What a joke.
    2004 450R, HRC kit, HMF exhaust. RPM axle, Elka Elite shocks (revalved by Santo DeRisi) with Pro Dual linkage, Houser A-arms.
    District 18 #76 MX

I think that the ktm, ds, and polaris are pretty much the top three. Its just dirt wheels has a love affair with yamaha. Raptor and YFZ NEVER lose a shootout no matter what. Might as well throw in the grizzly too. It is a Joke. Go ride the ktm, ds, polaris, and then yfz. yfz would be the last one youd buy, ill put money on that!!!
    08 Outlaw 525s*Pure Polaris Nerfs*JD Jetting*CT Pipe*Rath front bumper*

07 Sportsman 500 EFI (the girlfriends)

I find it funny that there are hardly any mx riders in my area that ride the YFZ anymore. Just about everyone of them has switched over to the LTR. I think Dirtwheels should make their shootouts last for a whole racing season. Its hard for the YFZ to win when its not running, because its broke all the time.
    2004 450R, HRC kit, HMF exhaust. RPM axle, Elka Elite shocks (revalved by Santo DeRisi) with Pro Dual linkage, Houser A-arms.
    District 18 #76 MX

I personally think that yamaha pays dirt wheels to say all of that stuff in thur magazine don't you guys? And boy to I need to subscribe to ATV Sport from what I'm hearing, I take it the editers are pretty straight forward and don't lie and aren't loyal to one brand? cause if not I'm subscribing,I'm already subscribed to dirt wheels and Quad but I don't like how dirt wheels always picks the yamaha's. And from you guy's stand point, which is the best 450 to stat out racing on cause I'm getting a 450 in the summer and I have my choices down to the DS,LTR,maybe a polaris mxr or 525 or either of the KTM Kwads. Also can you race a 525 in a 450 race. Hope to hear so more responses soon and thanx

this shootout actually looks right i have ridden all these quads but the ds and thats about my line up plus i saw thw ds in person and it looks prettys cheezy and looks like a waste the ktm is lighter than the ds and the ds wasted so much time and was braging about it being the lightest witch it isnt so my line up would be the same and the alumium frame has no benifit to this quad it only makes it worse
    '08 KTM 450 XC
    '08 Outlaw 450 MXR
    '07 KX450F
    '07 CRF50

In the GNCC the current cc limit is 525 cc and the KTM powered machines are 510 cc. So yes you can run the 525 KTM/Outlaw in them. Next year the pro level, Xc1 and Xc2 will be limiting the cc's to 450 cc. So unless your name is Ballance or Borich you can still run the 525 next year to.

Most local series do not have a cc limit on them, but it will be best to check your local racing rules.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast