Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need opinions

need opinions

i have 2000 300ex that has a dg chrome power exhaust,k an n filter, drilled out air box, mudlights jaws bumper, eliminator axle,ect and i want some more power and i was thinking of some options. one is to buy the je 330 kit and buy an edelbrock carb for it. the other was a high comp piston,stage 2 cam, port polish,better exhaust. what r your opinions and what else can you think of. any help is apreciated, thanks for your time,chad

could someone give a little input as i am going to oreder the parts monday on what is decided, thanks,chad

I personally would start with the 330 kit. You'll probably end up needing a bigger carb for it and that'll give you some much power. Since you've already got an aftermarket exhuast, those 3 things should give you a pretty good start.

i was woundering if i took the dg pipe of and got a curtis sparks x-6 would that make more of a diffrence to or just keep what i have?

Do you know for a fact that the sparks pipe will make a huge difference? If not I would look into some sort of review of several different pipes, see which one makes the best power/torque.

good idea, so what should i do motor wise? besides the 330?

I would do the carb and a cam. Those 3 will make a big difference, then you could try a better pipe after.
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

ok thanks alot wha brand of cams do u like?

That one I couldn't tell ya. I haven't looked at 4 stroke stuff in a while. Hopefully a 4 stroke guy will chime in on this, cuz I have no idea.
    1988 330R NPRD Ported
    Laeger/Axis suspended

www.getpunchedstore.com

Wink

Hotcam is good. a 400ex carb will work; that would be cheaper and bigger. Theres a JE 330 kit on ebay now.

you might could sell yours and invest in a 400, they go for pretty cheap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast