Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep fried computer

Deep fried computer

For every one thats going to put a tether switch on their ds450 be very very careful where you go hook it. Brought my ds into the dealer ship for the engine light comming on and. I get a phone call today saying my computer is fried in my quad that is one phone call i never need. The dealer said it would cost close to $1500 to get a new computer. So any buddy looking to put a teather switch make sure you do it right. And dont let friends do it i found it.

Thats why I bought a pingel switch for my ltr, you dont have to splice and ground and all that stuff, just find the wires for the handlebar mounted kill switch and hook it into those, easy as pie. The normally closed switches are more expensive, but hooking them up correctly is so much easier.

I would just like to tell every one that my can-am dealers is covering the cost of my new computer for my ds450.

Wow.. now that is going above and beyond to keep a customer happy. I bet they get your return business.. lol.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Probably just gonna take one out of the bikes with the broken frames. Glad their steppin up, sure would be nice to have these bikes come with the stuff we all end up putting on them anyways.

Originally posted by realbadlarry
    Probably just gonna take one out of the bikes with the broken frames.
    Broken frames?? Please tell us what you know about them? It would be news to the DS owners.
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

I don't understand why these companies don't have there quads pre wired for tethers. I mean there made for racing. How hard is it to pre wire? Polaris has been doing this since the Pred came out. Simple plug and your done. No wondering where to splice. Dumb.

KTM does it.

well let me ask yall somethin, since were all pretty much on the same boat with the killswitch thing because theyre universal anyway, does any company make a kit to make a plug in or would some think you could get parts from ktm or polaris? and it would make killswitch installation or removal (for future reference) really easy?

just thinkin out loud
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

A kit to make a plug in? Instead of just soldering our wires together for the kill switch on the DS we went ahead and added plugs for easy removal.

Waters Racing
    Team Epic Can-Am #95 DS450

Can-Am, Epic, BRP, FMF, Maxxis, Fox Racing Shox, Douglas Wheel Technology, MotoX Nutrition, Tsubaki, Falicon Cranks, CP Pistons, Tag Metals, Quadtech, Velocity Filters, Precision Racing Products and Team RPM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast