Thread: shaveing flywheel any thought??

shaveing flywheel any thought??

has any one tried turning down their flywheel on a lath instead runnig the inner rotor kit. i have heard over and over again the the IRK's are hard to keep dialed in. so i was thinking that one could just shave some weigth off the flywheel and have a similar effect of quicker spool up. any thoughts. by the way i want to do this the the gpx 146 i have in my pitster x4r

hans
    freedome isnt free, every one pays

just put an IRK dont waste your time on the flywheel. IRK are very simple!

took 6oz off mine on the GPX125 and trail bikes cdi works fine, dont know about the irk

my thinking is this. The IRK costs over 200 for the good ones. The IRK reduces the rotating mass signifigantly. The shaved flywheel is free. The flywheel only slightly reduces rotational mass. rotational mass is good for helping keep the bike from stalling. also helps keep some of the bottome end torque what do you think
    freedome isnt free, every one pays

LIGHTENING FLYWHEEL

We tried running inner rotor kit but found that you get more useable power down to the ground using flywheel we need bottom to mid range torque comming out of tigh corners ourtracks here in the uk however may be different to yours.We were also running a 146.Hope this is of some help you save your money and run conventional flywheel four strokes do not like high revs shortens life of engine.

Lightened flywheel works good. For kids IRK may be a little much. We did not get one due to stalling easy and hard starting for my 11 year old. No doubt if it were for me, I would have IRK, but she will be learning manual clutch for the first time and want less hassles.