Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: headlight bulbs

Great thread, thanks PlainBroke!
    06 Predator TLD, Pro-Circuit T-4
    07 Outlaw 525 IRS, Muzzy's Ti
    Holeshot XCR's on all 8 corners.

Re: hid

Originally posted by Outlaw6;=-
    plainbroke could u post a link to the exact kit u bought.. there are so many different kits ..thank u
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230389974736
    I may be slow, but I'm ahead of YOU.

how much cutting and splicing of the current wiring harness did you have to do to get them installed? can you turn them on and off with the OEM Switch? Were you able to leave the old connector that connected to the original bulb still wired up?
    thanks

Originally posted by outlawjeff
    how much cutting and splicing of the current wiring harness did you have to do to get them installed? can you turn them on and off with the OEM Switch? Were you able to leave the old connector that connected to the original bulb still wired up?
    thanks
    I did not cut splice anything, I put pin ends on the wires that come from the HIDs boxes and plugged them into the existing Headlight plug.. a little tape and a wire tie or two to keep them from coming apart and I was done.. I put double sided tape between the frame and the HID boxes (one for each light) and used big Zip ties to tie them to the frame, has been working fine for several months now.. just went riding in the snow again today and they worked great.. So far no issues doing it this way..

and yes the factory headlight switch turns them on when on Brights, you loose the hi/lo feature when you do this but who needs low beams after you install the HIDs.

I am going to change them over to the low beam side when I put the 6inch KC highlighter with HID H1 bulb in it on for the Dunes at snake hunt.
    You should see it. It lights up the night like it is day time.. Pretty cool for 40 bucks including the light..

Gotta love HID's

did you see the HID helmet kits? their badass! they mount on your helmet and plug into a reto fit plug that comes with the kit. The plug is like a teather cord.

I don't think that I would want a pound of lights on my helmet, and deffenatly no the extra wind resistence on my head....JMO

Originally posted by sleddog66
    I don't think that I would want a pound of lights on my helmet, and deffenatly no the extra wind resistence on my head....JMO
    I am with you, I think the extra up there to get caught on tree limbs ect. would be bad for my health.. I tend to see things too late to duck completely..

no im telling you their f***ing awesome! i have 4 of them mounted to my helmet

will the 8000k bulb work as well? Or stick with the 6000k?

Originally posted by outlawjeff
    will the 8000k bulb work as well? Or stick with the 6000k?
    8000k will work also but they will not be as bright and the light will be blue in color.. 4300 to 5000K is closest to daylight..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast