Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: headlight bulbs

I've been searching for hid bulbs also but i had no luck. The only thing i found was from trial tech which has handlebar and frame mount hid kits. I was wondering what the max wattage i could install on the bike without burning anything out. Also has anybody bought the 50 watt bulbs from polaris and was there a big dif from the 35 watt?
    06 Outlaw 500 (558)
    12.5 wiseco
    hotcams
    HMF sport slip-on
    K&N filter
    PRM six pack
    Pure Polaris nerf - bumper
    39 tooth

Anyone have the part number for the 50 watt bulbs,
    by the way I was told the outlaws have a 200 watt stator so it should handle the 50s easily..
    I may be slow, but I'm ahead of YOU.

Anyone find a HID that would work????? I know the scrambler outlaw and predator all have the same bulb the scrambler just has the hi and low beams switched. Upon further research the scrambler is a 30w bulb and the others are 35w bulbs. Anyone find the number for the 50w version of this bulb from polaris..

Hey guys all you need is a H6M bulb

you can find the HID kits everywhere!

but remember you will only have low beam!

but also remember the HID bulbs are alot brighter than stock

how does that H6M bulb fit in the factory location?

I bought 800 series HIDs and drilled a 1/2" hole through the base of the old bulb after removing the bulb of course then I carefully notched 3 places in the old bulb holder to accept the tabs on the 800 series bulbs. They fit like a glove and I did not have to change any of the factory headlamp parts, all I need to go back to factory stock is 2 new bulbs.. Oh and by the way the HIDs are about 2 times brighter and take no more watts to run that the factory ones did on low.. they do however take about twice the juice to fire them up but only for a second or two....... Next time I have the plastic off and can get the bulbs out easily I will post pics..

H6M is the factory size bulb but its a two filament bulb for the high/low however the hid bulbs are single filament bulbs and im not sure if they make a bi-xeon H6M bulb so you could have the high/low option.

all you have to do to find out if they make a bi-xeon in a H6M is contact a =HID dealer.

im not to concerned with not having high beam just because i never used my high beams and plus the hids are way brighter anyways.

Hum my bulbs look a LOT differant than the bulb you posted.
    That bulb looks like the one in my sons raptor..

what did you have to do for the wiring?
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

The pins on the HID box fit right in the current headlight plugs on my quad. The wiring on the stock headlights is a touch too light for the 80 watt start up on the HIDs but so far I have not had any problems I am thinking about running a wire from the battery up and using Relays to turn on the headlights. That would be the prefered way.. then you could just come off the factory headlight wiring to the relays and be more than safe... If you want wiring diagrams go to 12volt.com they have several ways to do the wiring..

Plainbroke can you post a pic on the bulb you modified for he new hid? i have been trying to figure out what kit works with the least amount of mods.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast