Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hotstart

hotstart

has anyone converted thier hotstart to a cable opreated one yet?
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

good question, I haven't had any issues thus far with it starting hot, so haven't even needed to use it yet

I was also wondering if anybody used it because my bike starts great when hot....without using the hot start..

Never had to use mine yet!!

ive yet to use mine either but i was in the garage dicking around and is the hot start suppose to stay out, cause as soon as i pull mine out, if you dont hold it out it sucks back in, therefore i will need a third hand you use it.
    1987 banshee-fmf pipes, k&n filter, bored out.
    2000 banshee- T5 pipes, k&n filter, degree key, lightened flywheel, shaved head, shredder rear tires, fast trekker fronts all on chrome rims, lots of other chrome too.
    2008 ktm 525 xc. bone stock for now

I put the cable on mine, havent had to use it yet, but i figured what the hell. If you do need it after racing for an hour n a half, reaching down to find and pull it is the last thing you wanna do.

Installation was a snap, took mabe 5 min after i got the carb out

Originally posted by Stryker1513
    I put the cable on mine, havent had to use it yet, but i figured what the hell. If you do need it after racing for an hour n a half, reaching down to find and pull it is the last thing you wanna do.

Installation was a snap, took mabe 5 min after i got the carb out
    what lever setup did you use?
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

same as they use for the bikes, cable length was good, no prob there, just unscrewed it, and screwed the new one in.

Originally posted by Stryker1513
    same as they use for the bikes, cable length was good, no prob there, just unscrewed it, and screwed the new one in.
    where did you put the lever for it?

I havent really decided about it yet, it mounts on the handle bars, so i just threw it on there for right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast