Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 525 vs KTM 525

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GE4x4
    [B]I would say they will be very close in all catorgories except price. I would give a very slight nod to the KTM for speed, but mostly due to it being 25lbs lighter. The handeling I would give the edge to the Outlaw. Front geometry is better and has less bump steer. Both stock suspension will need to be rebuilt for your size, but in stock form many say the KTM is a bit stiff and the Outlaw feels very good. The KTM is a very nice package no doubt, but you also need to look at dealer support and location (we only have 3 KTM dealers in NH) and they only have a 30 day warrenty. I just got my Outlaw 525s for $6600 OTD and I could of got the KTM for $8600 OTD. So for the $2000, I got the Podium X front shocks ($350),

Where did you find the Podiom X for 350.00? I want a set for the front as well. What was included for that price and did they have the ext fluid res?
    #17 Thomas "T-Bone" Cikra T-Bone Racing
    2008 DRX 50
    2006 Polaris Predator 50
    2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS KTM Powered

Get the 05 pred TLD shocks. They retail for $218 each with no springs. With my dealer discount, I got both for $350 with no springs. Had GT Thunder rebuild and they put on new springs.

Just thought I would comment on the front end wearing out. It can't be much different from my predator, which is an 03, and I still have yet to replace those items on it. The rod ends are probably getting close, but the steering is still tight.
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

then u must ride tlike a ***** because they are the worst i have ever had on a quad
    '08 KTM 450 XC
    '08 Outlaw 450 MXR
    '07 KX450F
    '07 CRF50

ha....I think I can ride just fine....probably in circles around you. Been riding since I was about 4 yrs old. I take care of my stuff, I'm very particular and I also don't get much time to ride now that I'm in college.

Sometime though, if I can't out ride ya....I'd be more than happy to give you english lessons, looks like your writing skills are fairly poor.
    03' Predator, WB Pipe, Twin Air Clamp On, Nicholas Cycle Race Modified Carb, Niicholas Cycle Race Port and Flowed Head, Wiseco 12.5:1 piston, PMR Rear Bumper, HPD Front Bumper, Gunner Tether Cord, Rath Racing Vicous Pegs, Rath Racing headlight covers, Rath Chromoly Fender Brackets, HPD steering dampener, JetBlast air scoops, HPD triple rate springs, Fox rezzies, Lightened 30lbs, Lowered 2 Inches, 2-25 fin inline coolers.

haha, now your just being full of yourself. How can you know how good/bad I am at riding..? All im saying is that I've had a predator and just about all the bearings tie rods... were shot after a year and my good friend has an outlaw 500 and the samething happened to it. Maybe its because we ride every day and dont take it too easy like some cream puffs on this site. And oh yea anothier kid I know has an outlaw 525 and its always at my house being fixed with the regular, bearings tie rods ect. So just about everyone I know who has a Polaris, their quads turned to ****. I mean on my friends outlaw 500 the plastics rubbed too muching into the radiator and rubbed a whole in it. Now what kind of $hit it that hahah. Ive never seen that before.
    '08 KTM 450 XC
    '08 Outlaw 450 MXR
    '07 KX450F
    '07 CRF50

I was a GM at a Polaris dealer for many years and can honestly say that I did not consistently see any of the issues you are referring to. There are always exceptions to every rule as we all know. I have owned just about every ATV Polaris Industries has ever produced and have put them through their paces with no significant issues. I currently own an Outlaw 525IRS and can say it is the toughest, best riding, predictable handling, and fastest stock machine I have ridden.

My brother also owns a 500 Outlaw and managed to have the rear end catch up to the front after catching a rut with the back end at a high rate of speed. The quad went end over end about 6 times at well over 60 mph! The only damage was to the rear left fender (plastics only). My Bro managed to break his wrist and several ribs though along with his helmet and some pride too I suppose. There were no bent tie rods, bars or stem. This is a heavier bike than most so you might expect some more damage than that.

I had a 400 Sportsman come clear out of the back a truck at highway speeds with only cosmetic damage. They are built tough. I guess that is why the US military has used Polaris ATV's for well over 10 years now.
    2008 DRX 50
    2006 Polaris Predator 50

you mihgt be telling the truth and you might not be, but I cant believe anything you just said nor will I believe anything you say in the future just becuse of that remark. Im just stcking to my past experieces with 3 different people and 3 different quads and the same thing ahppened over and over again.
    '08 KTM 450 XC
    '08 Outlaw 450 MXR
    '07 KX450F
    '07 CRF50

Believe what makes you feel best about yourself. After all that is what really matters. All information in my posting is factual. My intent was not to suggest that Polaris ATV's are manufactured without flaw and are invincible. I have seen my share of mechanical issues with them just as I have seen flaws in machines built by other brands. I am only stating the facts from my years of experience with the product which goes beyond the 3 machines you are referring to. Have a nice life!
    2008 DRX 50
    2006 Polaris Predator 50

Originally posted by atvrider23054
    you mihgt be telling the truth and you might not be, but I cant believe anything you just said nor will I believe anything you say in the future just becuse of that remark. Im just stcking to my past experieces with 3 different people and 3 different quads and the same thing ahppened over and over again.
    I don't believe you! A lot of the negative stuff you hear people say is about a friend of a friend who said "bla bla bla" happened to their quad! You are a poor source of information and obviously hate polaris with no evidence to back your claims. If you dislike them, go away, go back to your Yamaha thread and continue to give each other reach arounds....
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast