Thread: Just ordered new 450

Just ordered new 450

Just picked up my new 450XC. It's awesome. It's still at my dealer as he will be putting on a KTM 540 Big Bore kit. It's going to coooool!!

Wow nice man!

Please tell me then how is it with the big bore

Do you lost warranty by installing a big bore?

There all original KTM parts so the warranty is good. But I believe all atv warranties are only 30 days however. I did get the 2 year extended warranty and it does cover the 540 kit.

I will let you know buddy!

It's amazing. I started looking at the 450R Suzuki, then the Yamaha, then the Outlaw, finally narrowed it down to the Can-Am 450X and after all that, had to go with the KTM.

I used to have a souped up Banshee so wanted the same rush!!

Originally posted by dono nateeng
    There all original KTM parts so the warranty is good. But I believe all atv warranties are only 30 days however. I did get the 2 year extended warranty and it does cover the 540 kit.

I will let you know buddy!

It's amazing. I started looking at the 450R Suzuki, then the Yamaha, then the Outlaw, finally narrowed it down to the Can-Am 450X and after all that, had to go with the KTM.

I used to have a souped up Banshee so wanted the same rush!!
    Thanks man, please check that about warranty for me. That's because i'm in Europe and we have 2 year default here and i'm thinking about big bore and stroker crank

Will do.

I am in same dilema. I have narrowed it down to the 08' DS450, 07' or 08' Outlaw IRS, or of course the ktm 450xc. I am planning on both trail and dune riding.

What swayed you to choose the KTM?

I knew eventually I would be upgrading components, etc. So for the price, it actually turns out to be a good deal (although expensive up front).

I knew, when riding with a bunch of others, I would be second guessing myself there-after.