Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hrc kit wont start

hrc kit wont start

06 ER wont start after i installed hrc kit. it will only start when jump started. everything is in spec, valve cleareances, i installed everything the kit came with. i left nothing out. when we get it jump started everything runs good, idles good, runs through all the gears clean....

wont start warm or cold
    AIM: ESR330R

Timing Good?
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

yes, camsprocket lined up with cam holder matches up with crank gear. im thinking a fuel issue....

Check your decomp lever specs if its off it will start when bumped or pulled but will not release enough pressure when trying to start with the starter, if you have a compression gauge i see that is the way most guys set up the decomp lever, i believe they say between 65 to 75 cranking psi.
    2006 TRX450ER
    HOUSER SLICAST L/T +2.5
    FOX FLOAT EVOL
    FOX PODIUM REAR W/GTT LINK
    LSR AXCALIBAR +2
    LSR STEM +2
    LSR SPROCKET GUARD
    LSR SKID PLATE
    HRC KIT
    K&N DYNO TUNED
    K&N FILTER & POWER LID
    HRC HEADER/HMF CARBON FIBER RACE CORE
    QUADTECH HOOD
    JETTRIM STEP SEAT
    HIPER REARS 9x9 DBL
    HIPER FRONTS 10x5 SBL
    ITP QUADCROSS 20/6/10
    ITP MXR4 19/10/9
    PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERFS
    BLINGSTAR DC RACER BUMPER
    FASST BARS
    POWERMADD
    PRO ARMOR SKID PLATE
    QUADFORCE GRAPHICS

I know this sounds stupid but the airbox lid is off..The dealer put my kit in and left the airbox lid on and i had problems.Go figure i didnt realize it till i took the seat of to rejett it
    2006 TRX450ER DRG MONSTER
    2007 CRF 450R
    2002 Hayabusa

i set the decompressor clearance to spec, but it makes sense that the lever could be the problem..... At first we left the lid on because the instructions said nothing about removing it. we now have it removThey say to set the decompressor lever at .010, does that sound too tight?
    I know that we were way far off at stock settings, the lever was way open, maybe thats how it should be?

I have read this on this site and another when people have probs with the bike not starting but it can be pull started after a cam install, you can do a search in the maintenance section or the engine section and you should find you answer, but i have always read that setting it to spec is still not enough it needs more decomp so they say to set it with a compression gauge and set it at 75psi when cranking it helps it start faster.
    2006 TRX450ER
    HOUSER SLICAST L/T +2.5
    FOX FLOAT EVOL
    FOX PODIUM REAR W/GTT LINK
    LSR AXCALIBAR +2
    LSR STEM +2
    LSR SPROCKET GUARD
    LSR SKID PLATE
    HRC KIT
    K&N DYNO TUNED
    K&N FILTER & POWER LID
    HRC HEADER/HMF CARBON FIBER RACE CORE
    QUADTECH HOOD
    JETTRIM STEP SEAT
    HIPER REARS 9x9 DBL
    HIPER FRONTS 10x5 SBL
    ITP QUADCROSS 20/6/10
    ITP MXR4 19/10/9
    PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERFS
    BLINGSTAR DC RACER BUMPER
    FASST BARS
    POWERMADD
    PRO ARMOR SKID PLATE
    QUADFORCE GRAPHICS

Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
    i set the decompressor clearance to spec, but it makes sense that the lever could be the problem..... At first we left the lid on because the instructions said nothing about removing it. we now have it removThey say to set the decompressor lever at .010, does that sound too tight?
    I know that we were way far off at stock settings, the lever was way open, maybe thats how it should be?
    Sound like your problem,your decompressor is way too tight

The way to adjust the decompresor,is to add .0.25(for 05 and after model) to your right side exhaust valve clearance to find the measure you should adjust the decompressor.

For exemple ... if your right side valve exhaust clearance was 0.28mm (stock spec),then you add 0.25mm and you will adjust your decompressor to 0.53mm.

The trick is too add 0.15mm (for 04-05 model) and 0.25mm (for 06 and later model) to your right side exhaust valve clearance to find the measure that you will adjust your decompressor.

I have adjusted 2 450R this week like that and the 2 run fine !!!
    08 Suzuki LTR450R, Yosh/ProTaper/ASV/Douglas/Fox Shocks/AtvFourPlay/Factory 43/

Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
    Sound like your problem,your decompressor is way too tight

The way to adjust the decompresor,is to add .0.25(for 05 and after model) to your right side exhaust valve clearance to find the measure you should adjust the decompressor.

For exemple ... if your right side valve exhaust clearance was 0.28mm (stock spec),then you add 0.25mm and you will adjust your decompressor to 0.53mm.

The trick is too add 0.15mm (for 04-05 model) and 0.25mm (for 06 and later model) to your right side exhaust valve clearance to find the measure that you will adjust your decompressor.

I have adjusted 2 450R this week like that and the 2 run fine !!!
    i had the same problem after my hrc install. decomp. just keep adjusting the bad boy till it starts. you didnt change your piston to did ya?
    2005 Honda 450R - A-Arms +2.5+1, +1.25 Swingarm w/ DC6 Linkage, Elka Shocks,+3 Axle, Houser Steering Stem w/ AntiVibe Clamp, ITP Holeshots FR & RR, Sparks Exhaust, 11.5:1 Piston, Uni Filter Kit, HRC Kit
    Sponsors: Shakedown Street Gaming

thanks guys, decompressor was the problem... i dont see why they tell you to set it to .010in when i had to go to .022. thats more than double what they recommend. it tokk me about 8 tries to get it right i now have it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast