Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 450 engine noise

450 engine noise

i just got my ds 450 and when its idling the engine sounds horrible.. it rattle and it sounds like the valves need adjusted or something... i was just wondering if that was normal

Rotax engines are known to be a little on the "Clanky" side. I wouldnt worry to much about it.
    Randy

Can Am DS450
    - Flexx Bars
    - Hipers
    - Motoworks air filter
    - Rossier Exhaust
    - X-Package Skids
    - A-Arm Guards
    - Razor 2's

I don't see how it could be worse than a Yamaha 450 motor. Those things sound like they are coming apart when they run great.

Do these motors have 'straight' cut gears like the Cannondales did?
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Originally posted by TWILES
    I don't see how it could be worse than a Yamaha 450 motor. Those things sound like they are coming apart when they run great.

thats what scares me
    whoo im faster than you

heres a pic of the quad... has anyone heard if blingstar products are good
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Blingstar stuff is great. The nerfs are the easiest nerfs ive ever put on.
    Brent Sturdivant

i just picked up my bike from the dealer because i had alittle coolant leak coming out of the line from the engine and ive only been on it for 5minutes so far well the they said the couldnt fine anything wrong with it but i had a photo shoot to go to today so i had to take it with me and when i got the shoot there was coolant in the bed of the truck.. and now its coming out of the head gasket and i didnt even start it up.. do you think can am should get me a new one instead of going through all the trouble of taking it to the shop and waiting for it.. ive only had it for 5 days and i havent even been in the dirt with it just on my road..im pretty pissed i just spent 8 grand on the thing

Some of the production units have a slight leak at the hose connection on the right side of the head. Only leaks when it's cooled down! Ours leaked there for a while and quit- actually needs a better hose clamp on the line. Never leaked enough to cause problems, but just looks like a head gasket leak when you first look at it!
    Brent Sturdivant

this thing sounds like a really expensive POS. just so you know TWILES my 450's engine doesn't clank at all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast