Thread: Thumb trottle??

Thumb trottle??

Any tricks to make it a little softer?? Do you guys feel that it sticks out to far? I feel like i really have to reach back for it!! Compared to my KFX 450 its like a rock!!

Thumb throttle

My buddie heated the thumb part with a small torch and bent it back some,he likes it better.I installed a dual gasser on mine and still find it hard to push but switching to twist for awhile gives my thumb a rest and I can continue.That's not the best solution though.
    KTM 525 XC

Baldwin and some others will do a carb spring mod to make it softer. costs around $35.
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

I INSTALLED 250 R ASSY. THEY HAVE LESS OF A THRO AND WITH THE CAM INTHE HOUSING IT REDUCES THE DRAG AND IS MUCH EASIER TO PUSH .IT ALSO HAS A MORE COMFORTABLE ANGLE ON THE LEVER. U WILL HAVE TO MAKE A MOD ON THE MICRO SWITCH ALSO

Just wondering what the deal is with the TPS and the Micro switch? can they be bypassed?
    Is there really any need for either of them?
    I see that McGill n Kiser are running honda 450 throttles so there must me somthing that can be done

i did the Toykyo Mods spring so far but i've heard KTM will offer a different thumb throttle soon and will also have a new CDI without all the safety stuff.
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP