Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATC70, no spark, help!!

Originally posted by danney f
    Ok this is what I've found out. There are three wires coming out from the bottom, one dark green that runs up to the headlight, one light green with a red stripe that goes nowhere and a black one that runs to the coil and run switch. I used my multimeter and tested the run switch and it was good. I had the meter set on ohm with alarm to where it would buz when the probs made contact with each other(as you can tell I'm not real good with these meters). I than unpluged the black wire, touched a prob to it and the motor and got a signal(am I suposse to?) How do you check all of these parts and what do I need to set my meter to to do the test?
    I have the same problem on mine, no spark. I forgot what wire go where..if I dont' have a headlight hwere would the dark green wire go?

Its still has good compression. The thing I can't figure out is why I only get fire at the plug when I flip the run switch back and forth while pulling on the rope? The reason I know it needs new rings is it smokes when first started.
    www.finishingforums.com

it sounds like something is shorting out too the frame ground, do u have access to another coil? try unhooking you coil and test it with your ohm meter again, this time check it on the 1k-2k scale, you should have some resistance, if it reads 0 your coil is shorted, the buzzer on your meter only told you the circuit wasn't broken, when you checked the black wire too the ground and got a reading was your points open or closed?

I looked at the wiringon mine today.....I have 2 black wires and a dark green and a light green w/ a red stripe coming out of the case by the pull rope. All the wires are in a rubber sleeve except the one of the black ones. the 3 in the ruber sleeve go to the fusebox then from the fuse the black one goes to the coil. What is the other black wire that goes nowhere for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123