Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do I change the oil?? KFX 400

Originally posted by mxpimp2000
    well i just changed it the other day and i put almost a full quart in the case and one quart and what was left out of the bottle i didnt put in the engine, i hope i aint gotta drain it out now

nah youre fine if you put a quart in the engine and 1.1 quart in the oil box.. youd be fine.. but if you put 2.1 in the oil box and then added 1 quart to the engine.. you got 3.1 quarts..

you can divide it is fine.. but i normally drain both engine and box out.. and then just fill the oil box and let it set for a few hours. after awhile.. your oil box dipstick should be LOW.. but everyone knows youre suppose to run your engine for 3 minutes and then check the dipstick. try that.
    04 GMC 1500 Sierra
    STOCK

06 Kawasaki KFX400
    ITP Mud Lite SP (rear)
    Dunlop (front)
    Outerwear
    Quadworks
    Dynojets
    Two Brothers Racing
    OverRev Meter
    1/2 inch bigger front sprocket
    1.5 inch spacers on all wheels

BIG bolt on the bottom, unscrew it. There is a washer...so don't lose it. This blackish-brownish stuff will start to come out, that's oil. Then on the right side of your engine is a circular looking thing with 3 bolts. That would be the oil filter. There are very significant parts in that, so be careful when you unscrew it. Take out old filter, clean out the inside....install new filter. Then, screw back in your little plug WITH washer (it will leak without it...durrr.lol), Then unscrew the dipstick on the oil resevior (spell?). Pour in specified amount, (I forgot how much.) I always use Valvoline 10w-40 ATV/motorcycle oil, good viscosity for where I live. If it's not ATV/Motorcycle oil, then its gonna screw up your clutch. And uh......thats about it. OH YEA, screw the dipstick back in. lol.....

Correct me If im wrong on anything, Im pretty sure im not though.
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

92% of teens have switched to rap music, if your part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

Got a Honda ATV? We need these forums rolling: Check out

http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/index.php

(Put Jbacon for referrer)

Originally posted by JBacon
    BIG bolt on the bottom, unscrew it. There is a washer...so don't lose it. This blackish-brownish stuff will start to come out, that's oil. Then on the right side of your engine is a circular looking thing with 3 bolts. That would be the oil filter. There are very significant parts in that, so be careful when you unscrew it. Take out old filter, clean out the inside....install new filter. Then, screw back in your little plug WITH washer (it will leak without it...durrr.lol), Then unscrew the dipstick on the oil resevior (spell?). Pour in specified amount, (I forgot how much.) I always use Valvoline 10w-40 ATV/motorcycle oil, good viscosity for where I live. If it's not ATV/Motorcycle oil, then its gonna screw up your clutch. And uh......thats about it. OH YEA, screw the dipstick back in. lol.....

Correct me If im wrong on anything, Im pretty sure im not though.

NO WAY!!!! this should be a sticky lets get a video and pics while ur at it MAN!!! i never knew quads used oil before thats AWESOME!!! they even got a dip stick to? OMG NO WAY!!!!! freaking awesome DUUDE!!!

NO WAY!!!! this should be a sticky lets get a video and pics while ur at it MAN!!! i never knew quads used oil before thats AWESOME!!! they even got a dip stick to? OMG NO WAY!!!!! freaking awesome DUUDE!!!
    Yea dumbass they got dipsticks. Can you not recognize a joke when you see one? That WHOLE post I made was a dumbass post.
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

92% of teens have switched to rap music, if your part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

nahh sh*t shirlock, i think i was doing the same but it sounded like u was tryin to be a smartas* as well towards me acting like i didnt know how to change oil

nahh sh*t shirlock, i think i was doing the same but it sounded like u was tryin to be a smartas* as well towards me acting like i didnt know how to change oil
    Actually I wasn't, maybe this part sounded like it-This blackish-brownish stuff will start to come out, that's oil.

That was the only stupid part. Other than that, I was trying to help you.

BTW, don't forget to drain the oil from the oil res. too.
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

its all good to me u didnt offend me none i just figured id have something stupid and smarta** to say since i thought this was being said towards me in the first place,

its all good to me u didnt offend me none i just figured id have something stupid and smarta** to say since i thought this was being said towards me in the first place,
    lol...nah. I wasn't trying to be. I forgot how much oil to put in. I lost my manual, how much did you put in?
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

1qt in the motor and 1qt in the res.

1qt in the motor and 1qt in the res.
    Wait....what? Where the hell do you put it in the motor? I put mine in the res....run it for a few minutes, and put the rest in.
    2005 TRX 400ex
    Few mods

2005 Raptor 80 (bro's)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast