Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I change the oil?? KFX 400

Hybrid View

How do I change the oil?? KFX 400

My first racing quad. How do I change the oil? What kind does it use? Also what are some general mantinence that I need to do. How often do I lube the chain. What all fluids should be change and how often? Thanks
    KFZ400
    Douglas Fat Boy 4

Please GOD get a Clymer manual for yours. Or a dealer service manual. It'll tell you everything you need to know and then some.

The service manual for my dads Raptor 700 tells you everything from cable management to how much play should be in your throttle lever and how to adjust it.

It'll answer any questions you have.

Theres a plug under motor&under oiltank drain both then pull filter theres 3 bolts on right side of motor watch which way filter go,s back in then fill with 20-50 motor oil( not sinthetic) will make clutch slip.I think its about 4 1/2 to fill?

i change it cuz I got in some water and was afraid it got in the oil. I only drained it out of the engine. And I used 10-40. Is that ok?
    KFZ400
    Douglas Fat Boy 4

Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
    Theres a plug under motor&under oiltank drain both then pull filter theres 3 bolts on right side of motor watch which way filter go,s back in then fill with 20-50 motor oil( not sinthetic) will make clutch slip.I think its about 4 1/2 to fill?
    ??????????? wtf???????? that makes absolutely no sense. the procedure is in the owners manual. as for oil you can use any atv formula. DO NOT USE CAR OIL. it contains friction modifiers which will damage your clutch. you can use synthetic as long as it is for atv's or motorcycles. i have used many different brands and weights. i now use valvoline atv blend. 10w40. it is alot cheaper than most brands. now i change my oil after every second ride. my motor is highly built and i maintain it more often. and as far as the 4 1/2 bit . if you put 4 1/2 quarts of oil in it you will have huge problems. the manual and the sticker on the oil tank say 2100ml. 2200ml with a filter change. that comes out to a little over 2 quarts.
    get yourself a manual before you get some seriously bad advice and ruin your new bike.
    03 ltz 400
    with some goodies
    2008 sponsors: mafia motorspots

no no! it 2.2 quarts like bellzbub said and NEVER use car oil. valvoline does make an atv oil you can find at autozone but always make sure its for an atv. i run maxima synthetic and my clutch is fine.

alright thanks guys. I put Vavaline 10w40 4 stroke oil in it.
    KFZ400
    Douglas Fat Boy 4

If you don't know what you are talking about don't talk. Bad advice. Get yourself a manual!!
    00' 400EX
    semi loaded

Marcus You will be Missed. See you on the other side my friend. R.I.P.

YES I MADE MISTAKE ON FLUID AMOUNTS SO SORRY! you guys are so anal about everything,always trying to beat up on someone if they are mistaken on something.next time I,ll make sure Im 100% right before answering, don,t what to offend the know-it-alls. BY THE WAY I SAID I THINK ITS 4 1/2 didn,t have manual on hand.

YES I MADE MISTAKE ON FLUID AMOUNTS SO SORRY! you guys are so anal about everything,always trying to beat up on someone if they are mistaken on something.next time I,ll make sure Im 100% right before answering, don,t what to offend the know-it-alls. BY THE WAY I SAID I THINK ITS 4 1/2 didn,t have manual on hand.

look dude, the problem is you are giving answers to questions you dont know this person came to us with a problem even though its simple he does not know yet. please just make sure your 100% right before you answer. dont get bent out of shape. you were not even remotely close.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast