Thread: turning 90 to 114

turning 90 to 114

Hey guys,
    We need any input if available. We are taking Ashes' 140cc and pulling the motor and replacing it with her 90cc in it. So, she can run two classes. Under the rules ,she can run up to a 114cc motor. We are going to get the 114 kit. Our questions are

* Has anyone else done the upgrade/ how did the kit do? Did it wake it up?
    * Did you run the IRK on? Our mechanics are saying this motor can handle it.

Thanks guys for the help.
    Sponsors:
    Rockwall Honda, MSR, SPY, Fasst Flexx Bars, Rath Racing, ASV Levers, Quad Tech, PMP Sprockets, Regina, BRM Offroad Graphics, Works Shocks, Pawpaw and Nana, KFAB and GOD!!

I installed the 114 kit on our trx90 and the increase was quite noticeable. Not an instant fire breather, but definately noticeable. I then installed a cam I bought from atvDr and in woke it up that much more. I didn't try the IRK. I belive you'll like the boost.
    2009 KTM 505sx
    Gen 2 DASA system
    PEP revalves
    FCI intake
    Precision Steering damper
    Fourwerx carbon hood and heat sheild
    Action Motorsports battery relocator
    All the orange Bling....
    Much much more..

Thanks to:
    Action Motorsports KTM
    maxpower-engines.com
    Fwcarbon.com

'06-'07-'08 Great lakes Quad series 35+ champion and Pee Wee Dad

irk

there is a true xtreme 90 that was running our circuit he was running the 114 stroker kit with high comp piston ran well he then added irk "inner rotor kit" it made a huge difference but only lasted 2 heats and snapped the crank

Thanks for the info. That's what we were afraid of. We decided not to go w/ the IRK. The motor is being built right now.
    Sponsors:
    Rockwall Honda, MSR, SPY, Fasst Flexx Bars, Rath Racing, ASV Levers, Quad Tech, PMP Sprockets, Regina, BRM Offroad Graphics, Works Shocks, Pawpaw and Nana, KFAB and GOD!!

Thumbs up

i installed the 114 kit, also change the cam, and a mikuni vm 26 carb, up grade whit a aluminum oil cooler, and port the head, fmf exahust, used for a year and now problem, c-12 vp fuel , that thing is fast.
    gabriel

The IRK doesn't seem to work very well or actually very long I should say on any engine with the clutch mounted on the crankshaft. That is the difference.

irk

its about the weight when you dramatically reduce weight on one side of the crank you have to do so on the other even on motors without the clutch mounted crank if you dont reduce the weight on the other side of the crank ie "the oil slinger" they still snap

also on the irk some come with a so called lightened oil slinger take a good look at the casting of them where iron meets the aluminum has been known to come apart under high rpm's
    it appears the aluminum is pressed into the cast here is a photo
    i hope this info helps you down the road
    Attached Images Attached Images

irk oil slinger

another angle the shaft post is steel rest is aluminum
    Attached Images Attached Images