Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifan 140

Lifan 140

Got the 140 running in the Typhoon today. This thing RIPS!! My son is still grinning. He has some new stuff to learn with the manual clutch but he is picking it up prettty good.
    It has a bog on the bottom end if you stab the throttle. Which direction do I go to fix this?
    Thanks!
    Brian

most likely cause jetting issue easiest remedy stick it on a dyno and set carb up

You may need to put in a larger pilot jet to get rid of a cough just off idle. If that makes it too rich at idle then try raising the needle (lower the clip).

Hope this helps
    2009 KTM 505sx
    Gen 2 DASA system
    PEP revalves
    FCI intake
    Precision Steering damper
    Fourwerx carbon hood and heat sheild
    Action Motorsports battery relocator
    All the orange Bling....
    Much much more..

Thanks to:
    Action Motorsports KTM
    maxpower-engines.com
    Fwcarbon.com

'06-'07-'08 Great lakes Quad series 35+ champion and Pee Wee Dad

We're running same motor. 17 pilot, 102.5 main, one groove up from center on needle. Uni two stage foam filter. FMF pipe.

Hope this helps.

What carb is on yours? The one I have is supposed to be a copy of a Mikuni 26. I went to the Yamaha dealer today looking for jets. The one in our carb is hex head like a Kehin but not as long and has smaller diameter threads. A Mikuni slotted head jet has the same threads but is too short. We found some that were hex head and the same length but the threads were not the same. I got a pilot jet for a Mikuni 26 and it isn't even close. Ended up drilling the main out to .046 and it seems about right, just still needs work on the pilot.
    Brian

The 26mm carb that came with our motor takes the large round slotted head (.315")main jets with small (.195") threads.

The pilots are the ones you have to be careful with.....the thread can be overtightened and will crush the emulsion tube. Bad news. Had to learn that one the hard way.

Pilot jets= (.212") round slotted head with (.170") threads.

I believe that they are mikuni jets. I could be wrong.

Will a Mikuni 26 from a blaster work? There are some on E-Bay. then I know I can get the right jets.

The main jets you are describing looks like the ones in the mikuni 22 that came stock on the Typhoon.
    Brian

Grabbed the wrong box of jets.
    Just took the carb off the bike to look first hand......we are running a 26mm mikuni round slide.
    Jets measure as such:

main jet-round slotted (.236") dia. @ head x (.350") overall length x (.196") thread diameter.

pilot jet- round slotted (.195") dia. @ head x (1.100") overall length x (.154") thread diameter.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for looking. I will pull the carb off tomorrow and measure those jets. I'll see if I can post some pictures of them and see if they are the same ones you have.
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast