Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon ball joints

Typhoon ball joints

Is there a higher quality replacement for the upper ball joints on a Typhoon? Been working on the bike and got all the slop out of the steering but the ball joints have slack.
    Brain

how do you fix the slop in the steering? the allen bolt about 3 or 4 inches from the bottom on the front is tight. where the two outer shafts meet there is play.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

A MIG welder. Got tired of dicking with it and welded them together. I'll just have to get creative if I ever need to take it apart.
    Brian

i used the mig welder trick on my sons also . tacked it good in four spots around it. now i have to figure out how to get it to not over steer. needs steering stops or something.
    freedome isnt free, every one pays

It should have stops under the head tube. Putting some caster and a little negative camber helps it track a little straighter. Kind of needs a stabilizer though.
    Brian

it tracks nice and straight. and the steering stop dosent do anyting. it needs to be movedd up the stem to hit but the holes for it are too low guess i need to modify it. it turns farther to one side then the other.
    freedome isnt free, every one pays

Yea, I had to re-drill that hole and move the collar up. It was about 3/8ths too low.
    Brian

thanks for the reply on the steering stem. if you throw a few tacks on there to take out the slop , why would you need to break the welds? other than to replace the steering stem. could a guy just make a collar to put around the two pieces to keep them together? that way you could just unbolt it to fix it. thanks
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

I tried tacking it and they broke, so this time I welded them solid. I thought about the collar deal but the mig was easy and I figured if I needed to pull the stem that I would fab up another way of mounting it more like a conventional quad. We have an ATV/Motorcycle salvage yard right up the road so I could find something to work.
    Brian

Call Willies Moto World I know that they put HD ball joints on their WORCS bike!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast