Thread: upgraded oil system

upgraded oil system

other than bigger oil tanks, what are you guys doing to your 400s oil systems to get better cooling and efficiency
    2002 406ex --SOLD--(and kicking myself for it)
    -HMF full system
    -K&N air filter w/ dual outerwears
    -450r front shocks
    -Tag x5 bars w/ Renthal grips
    -18x10.5x8 Klaw MXR on Douglas .190 aluminum
    -20x6x10 Klaw MXF on Douglas .160 aluminum
    -Motion Pro clutch cable
    -EBC rear brake pads
    -Galfer front brake pads
    -Pro Design kill switch
    -AC Racing nerf bars and chassis skid plate
    -Wiseco 406 11.1:1 piston
    -Hotcams Stage 2

i saw one guy who put on a fan dont recall his name though
    10' RMZ 450

You can do a fan, cbr1100 oil cooler, and air scoops that's all I remember off the top of my head
    05' 450r with secrets

I cant find the CBR 1100 oil cooler anywhere I tried ebay

I'll be selling my CBR Cooler on Ebay within the next month, going back to the stock oil cooler and a Spal fan.

I'll post a link to cooler once it's listed.

BTW--The CBR cooler works very well, I'm removing it to try something I've wanted to do for a long time. A fan cooled 400ex. Also, the way I have my CBR cooler mounted up interferes with the front fender mounts. That wasn't an issue with cut front fenders, with new plastics on the way, however, it will become an issue as the new plastics will have full fenders and I don't plan on cutting them anytime soon.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

Why wont it work with full fenders because i'm not cutting mine anytime soon?

Full front fenders will work fine with the cooler.

The way the return line on mine is set up, it interferes with the stock front fender brackets. The lower front left fender bracket would have to be modified to work in conjunction with the cooler.

My quad is going through a lot of changes this winter, this will be one of many.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

considering I dont want to modify brackets and rig things I doubt I will go with the oil cooler. If you have it on still could you take pictures of it with the fenders on or something?

Do any of you guys run the FST oil cooler? It runs the oil threw the cooler before the oil gets to the head.
    ...Cannondale,seven thousand dollars...
    ...Funds for Cannondale,bottom less pit..
    ...The look on My Face,passing everyone....Priceless...