Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreman or Rubicon

buy the honda i have a 500 s foreman and it will rip a grizzly in half on a tug of war.my opinion is buy the s (shifter)i think automatics suk.if your looking for something that doesnt go 60mph but has torque out the arsh buy the honda but if you want something that will go 60mph and has nothing for low to mid than buy the grizz or etc.in my opinion i dont understand why anyone would want a utility quad that has nothing but top end and very little mid range.buy the foreman s.hope this helps.
    THANKS TO
    BOTSON CYCLE,PRO FAB,GIBSONS ATV AND TC RACING

I disagree, with just about everything he said.

how many changes has yamaha had to make to make theres right??how many changes has honda made??if you want reliability buy the honda.this is just my opinion.
    THANKS TO

thanks stevedu2 i agree totally...reliability low end the whole shebang! And Im sorry but Newn if your so into Yamaha why aren't you posting on something that has to do with yamaha..

Originally all i wanted was opinions on the foreman and the Rubicon and mods for both? Which one are mods more available for and so on? I know my buddy is buying honda so please keep it to that thanks
    Isaac

hey if you want to get a honda i would do it we have a 02forman 500 and its been through h@ll and it still runs like it came off the dealers floor the only thing i hate about mine is if the wheels start to spin it kicks into 4wd but its still fun to drive
    2013 Can Am Outlander XT 1000
    Uni air filter, Ricochet Skids,Moose 60in plow

02 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 H.O cummins 6 speed. Few mods!

Originally posted by STEVEDU2
    how many changes has yamaha had to make to make theres right??how many changes has honda made??if you want reliability buy the honda.this is just my opinion.
    yeah...boo for technological advances that improve the performance of ATV's...What does the company improving their atv's have to do with anything? You're saying its BAD that they update their quads? A company shouldn't be knocked for improving their product. There's ALWAYS something that can be improved.

So into yamaha? Maybe im so into ATV's that are better deals than others.

Dont be fooled, the Foreman has undergone many changes over the years.

I swear to god, if it says "Honda" on the side of a pile of crap wrapped in tin foil, you'd buy it claiming it was the greatest thing out there.

"Honda must be better! It doesn't update anything!"...HAH....

put a set of tires on that pile of crap wrapped in tin foil and it would still out perform your yamaha.lmao
    THANKS TO

Originally posted by TheNewn
    yeah...boo for technological advances that improve the performance of ATV's...What does the company improving their atv's have to do with anything? You're saying its BAD that they update their quads? A company shouldn't be knocked for improving their product. There's ALWAYS something that can be improved.

So into yamaha? Maybe im so into ATV's that are better deals than others.

Dont be fooled, the Foreman has undergone many changes over the years.

I swear to god, if it says "Honda" on the side of a pile of crap wrapped in tin foil, you'd buy it claiming it was the greatest thing out there.

"Honda must be better! It doesn't update anything!"...HAH....

" if it says "Honda" on the side of a pile of crap wrapped in tin foil, you'd buy it claiming it was the greatest thing out there."

when i read that i about passed out cuz i was laughing so hard lol
    2013 Can Am Outlander XT 1000
    Uni air filter, Ricochet Skids,Moose 60in plow

02 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 H.O cummins 6 speed. Few mods!

I would get the Foreman. I have a 99 Foreman that has 5,000 miles on it and it has been through hell and back and still running great. The only thing I don't like about it is it's not the smoothest ridin quad out there. About 3 months ago I got a 07 Rincon and LOVE it. It's not all that much bigger than the Foreman is as far as manuverability. And I agree, you can't beat Honda reliability. I have 3 Hondas and the only thing I've done to the Foreman is put a wheel bearing in each side and a few ball joints. I have a 300EX that has about 10,000 miles on it and have had NO trouble with it at all, and it has NOT been babied at all.

As far as the Grizzleys go, I personally wouldn't buy one. A few of my friends have them and they absolutley hate them. Sure, they have high end power, but how often do you need to go 75 through a trail? I'd much rather be able to climb any hill and know I'm not going to run out of power. Also, each one of them broke the factory rear axles. They would just be goin through a nice smooth trail and snap a axle. They had some other problems with them also, but I can't remember what they were.

Oh, and my neighbor has a Polaris 800 and he absolutley looves it, but the other day we were doin a hair scramble and I was on my 07 Rincon and he was on his 800 and he kept sayin how much nicer the Rincon handled than the Polaris. The Rincon kept all 4 tires on the ground in a turn while the Polaris was on 2 wheels on the same turn.

Thanks for the opinions! I'm definitely going Foreman and Im definitely going HONDA. Although the Rincon sounds great its kind of out of the price range for the moment but we'll see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast