Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreman or Rubicon

Question Foreman or Rubicon

My buddy is looking to get a new wheeler and can't decide what to get any ideas?

We are also looking into some lift kits i noticed that the foreman has more options available for mods is this true?

It may be a little late. But i'd steer clear of the Foreman/Rubicon if i could. Pretty outdated quads (if you dont count power steering one the Rubicon). If i were to buy new, i'd look into the Grizzly series. They've had much more significant upgrades to them throughout the recent years than the foreman/Rubicon have.

Just do your research. If i were to buy a new 4x4 today. It would most defiantly have IRS. And the foreman/Rubicon dont. ALL grizzly models have IRS (with the option of the 350 Griz having a solid axle.)

just my 2 cents.

Sorry to say this but i Don't like IRS at higher speeds it tends to handle poorly and another thing I'm sorry to say is that i am a HONDA all the way kind of guy so a grizzly is out of the question.

I do appreciate the response but i don't feel that they are out dated. We are not looking to buy new and he doesn't want the Rincon its too big. We are just looking for an upgrade from his 88 Honda 300 fortrax We want to go back to the honda reliability...thanks anyways

I will say that the grizzlys do look bad as's

I guess I can understand brand loyalty. But in my opinion it will only loose you money and opportunity in the end.

The 350 Grizzly/400 grizzly/450 grizzly are all very nice sized 4x4's nothing near as big as the 660/700's. and they're all available with IRS.

There's more Grizzly's out there than any other 4x4. How unreliable can they be?

I think it would be kind of dumb to pass up a good deal on a used smaller CC grizzly just because it says "yamaha" on the side.

to top it off, there are WAY more mods available for the Grizzly series than other 4 by models.

If you like the Foremans, by all means get one, but im just saying if you're ONLY looking at Honda's. Thats cutting your options on other great quads right off.

hear ya loud and clear partner there are other great quads out there that i think highly of but the brand loyalty gets me...

Just out of curiosity what do you ride?

Hah, I have two Honda's. In my sig they're listed.

1988 250R, and a 2002 400EX.

My dad has a Foreman 450S and a Raptor 700. So i've had experience with the Foreman, and to tell you the truth i'd rather have a rancher to dink around on instead not to mention any grizzly.

And he's also planning on buying an Outlander 800. If that tells you anything.

Originally posted by TheNewn
    It may be a little late. But i'd steer clear of the Foreman/Rubicon if i could. Pretty outdated quads (if you dont count power steering one the Rubicon). If i were to buy new, i'd look into the Grizzly series. They've had much more significant upgrades to them throughout the recent years than the foreman/Rubicon have.

Just do your research. If i were to buy a new 4x4 today. It would most defiantly have IRS. And the foreman/Rubicon dont. ALL grizzly models have IRS (with the option of the 350 Griz having a solid axle.)

just my 2 cents.
    We have a 1999 honda 300 fourtrax and we recently updated to a 2004 foreman rubicon and it is a great quad.

Take a serious look at the 450 Grizzly. I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

They changed the name from Kodiak to Grizzly for 07 i think. So you could buy a used 06 Kodiak which is the same thing. Just make sure you get IRS

Yea the 450 grizzly is nice but what is the whole differential lock thing about. My friend has one and when its in differential lock its real hard to steer. Is it just like lower gears for more torque for like pulling or getting out of mud?

Differential lock...it LOCKS the front differential to make it true 4 wheel drive. Both front tires are getting power instead of just one. In normal 4 wheel drive one front tire gets power and it will shift to the other one should it slip too much. But when you lock it they both get power.

It shouldn't be used for leisurely trail riding. But its a really handy feature when you're in some nasty mud or hill climbing/rocks and what not.

Unless you have power steering (I.E. Grizzly 700 or the new Foreman 500) its going to be hard no matter which quad you're on if it has differential lock. Most 4x4's dont.

It's a really nice feature if you use it where it was meant to be used.

And unless you're in those mud/hill climbing sort of situations, i'd just keep it in normal 4 by mode or 2 wheel drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast