Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your pics! Review on what you think!

Post your pics! Review on what you think!

If anyone has it, or is planning on getting the 700xx please post some pics or tell us when your getting one! This thread is intended for insight on this new beast.

Personally, i think its ugly and bulky, also looks like it would be tippy. But lets face it, reguardless of the looks im expecting this to be a high performance bike! I hope honda doesnt let us down this time..

Maybe if somone gets it and they post pictures of their own instead of looking at the white screened stock honda pictures it will be more appealing to others.

Keep this thread suttle please, no reason to flame. Just get out your opinion
    2004 400ex for sale! Mildly modded, tons of parts replaced. $2350

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352962

I agree the first time i saw it, i thought it was very ugly and bulky. But i have not saw it in person yet. I saw someone on this sight put a honda xr650 motor in there 400ex frame. I rember that it looked very clean. Even before i saw his post and pic of the xr650 motered 400ex, I thought that would be a great setup. This is only my 2 cents but i think if honda would have done something like that, they would have sold like crazy. Put the xr650 motor in the 400ex, upgrade shocks, new looks, NO IRS! And i think honda would have a top seller.
    laeger 250rx

i am currently putting an xr650 motor into a 450r frame. greg stuart and nic granlund beat me to the punch, but they used a custom built frame from laegers. i am going to try to do the conversion using all stock equipment except for a suspension upgrade of course.

I agree with both of you.
    2004 400ex for sale! Mildly modded, tons of parts replaced. $2350

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352962

Originally posted by mx8
    I agree the first time i saw it, i thought it was very ugly and bulky. But i have not saw it in person yet. I saw someone on this sight put a honda xr650 motor in there 400ex frame. I rember that it looked very clean. Even before i saw his post and pic of the xr650 motered 400ex, I thought that would be a great setup. This is only my 2 cents but i think if honda would have done something like that, they would have sold like crazy. Put the xr650 motor in the 400ex, upgrade shocks, new looks, NO IRS! And i think honda would have a top seller.
    Ya but honda,kawi,suziki,yamaha are all built by retards now with down syndrom they dont no any better so they build quads big as boats that look like they came from space.

i still dont think it looks good just doesnt look right
    04 660 raptor
    stage 3 DG pipe
    dynatek rev box
    gytr skid plate
    gytr nerf bars
    gytr carbin fiber heat covers
    gytr headlight covers
    gytr air flow system
    gytr push bar
    stage 2 cam
    renthal sprockets
    renthal chain

1) Still think it's ugly, but i thought so about the Outlaw when it came out in '06 and it's grown on me.

2) I like that they built an IRS performance quad, but I wish they would have made a straight-axle too. I LOVE the IRS on my Outlaw 525. It performs great in XC racing and still does a very nice job on the local MX track. People compliment it all the time saying "I didn't think one of those things would be that fast out here!" So I like that Honda is willing to do something different as well.

3) 11" wheels were a bad idea. The Outlaw has a tendancy to scratch it's wheels on the inside because they're just 9"ers from the factory, but that's because the A-arms are very long to give you a full 10" of travel. Basically, I'll take a little scratching for long travel and my choice of race tires. I don't think 11" wheels will be good for trying to mount Maxxis Razr2s or iRazrs or and ITP race tire either, and I doubt any of the big manufacturers will be offering a tire just for this bike.

4) weight scares me. I consider my 525 a Race quad b/c it weights 395lbs w/ everything but fuel. which is less than 20 more lbs than a 450ER or Suzuki LTR (because i'm not sure how they do their "dry" weights), but has more HP and in my opinion better suspension for woods racing. However a 508lb wet weight (i think that's what it was, don't remember) will not be kind at the end of a 2hr XC event.

Overall: I have high hopes for this thing b/c I love my 525 and would like to see someone else be able to do what Polaris has done in creating a nice performance quad w/ IRS. Some things sound great (engine, EFI, travel #'s) but other things are not so hot, (weight, 11" rear wheels). Either way i'd love to ride one or at least read a review, so someone let us know as soon as you get one! LOL
    -Walt
    2008 KTM 525 XC GNCC Quad
    2003 Cannondale 440 XC Quad
    2008 YFZ 450 XC Quad
    2006 Kawasaki KLX250S Dual Sport Bike
    2002 Scrambler 500 XLE Trail Quad

Very impressive in person. I saw one at a show in Seattle in December. Believe me, they look much different in person. But I didn't think that they were ugly to begin with, so I may be a bit biased. The dealers supposedly won't have them until April, so it'll be a while before anyone knows what they can really do.

I imagine there must be a very good reason that Honda decided to use an 11" wheel, since it will be hard to find tires for it. From everything that I have read about it, they used this size rim to achieve an "optimal" angle for the a-arms.

To me, it looks like it will be a bad-*** trail quad.

3) 11" wheels were a bad idea. The Outlaw has a tendancy to scratch it's wheels on the inside because they're just 9"ers from the factory, but that's because the A-arms are very long to give you a full 10" of travel. Basically, I'll take a little scratching for long travel and my choice of race tires. I don't think 11" wheels will be good for trying to mount Maxxis Razr2s or iRazrs or and ITP race tire either, and I doubt any of the big manufacturers will be offering a tire just for this bike.
    they made it 11 inch so they don't have problems like the outlaw. Tire manufactures will be making tires for it.

Originally posted by coryatver
    [B]
    Tire manufactures will be making tires for it.
    Tire manufactures are not going to making a bunch of 11" tires for this machine. There just won't be the demand to justify it. Most likely people will have to change their rim size when they want good tires. Hopefully a 10" will fit, if not you could go to a 12" and have a ton of ute tires to choose from.
    '00 Honda XR400R - The classic
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - The 450 killer - FOR SALE
    '04 Honda Recon - The yard machine
    '05 Honda 500 Foreman 4X4 ES - The plow

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast