system for the ds450. The first one is a drag set up it is an open
    pipe next is the mx setup with a short can and last is woods
    rideing pipe. They told me that the mx pipe makes 8hp with
    out the pink wire cut and with the stock air filter setup. They
    will be posting dyno sheets on there site later in time. Can am
    told them that so far there MX pipe has made the most hp than
    all the other exhaust manufactur.

dang sounds pretty good!

but i dont know if its the highest because Rossier says their exhaust has a 9h.p. increase over stock. but i dont know if thats with the pink wire cut or not so.......
    YFZ450 mx

http://www.myspace.com/twisteddinli34

I don't see how you could get a good increase w/o cutting the "pink wire". That in essence changes the jetting of the EFI unit.

It would be like saying I got a 8hp increase out of the TRX450R by simply swapping out the filter and pipe. Not carb rejetting required.

Something is amis unless the factory setting is absurdly rich. Though if it were they'd never pass California emmissions.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Yes Rossier cuts the pink wire to get the 9 hp.

Originally posted by kwik man
    Yes Rossier cuts the pink wire to get the 9 hp.
    ok i figure they did but it didnt say it on there site
    YFZ450 mx

http://www.myspace.com/twisteddinli34

Originally posted by bwamos
    I don't see how you could get a good increase w/o cutting the "pink wire". That in essence changes the jetting of the EFI unit.

It would be like saying I got a 8hp increase out of the TRX450R by simply swapping out the filter and pipe. Not carb rejetting required.

Something is amis unless the factory setting is absurdly rich. Though if it were they'd never pass California emmissions.
    You have to consider that the CanAm starts higher in the horsepower compared to the Honda. I had an 05 Honda and ANYTHING would help that bike. I still can't believe they come that corked-up.

I understand that. But if you are adding flow without adding fuel you are simply becoming leaner.

Tha CanAm comes with a peashooter to restrict flow in order to reduce DB's and emmissions to meet requirements.

If a quad comes fromt eh factory at 13.5:1 AF Ratio and you add a pipe, filter, and remove the airbox lid you're likley to be up in the 15:1 AF ratio range, thus either bogging or burning up your motor.

Either they are adding an EFI Controller w/o cutting the pink wire (wich would at that point jsut change advance and rev limit) or they are running a VERY lean motor.
    Brandon -O||||O-

Yeah, the efi units on quads don't have the processing power to intuitively compensate for changes in airflow like automobiles do.

They can compensate a bit for altitude changes but it's not enough when you have mods done.

That's why Can-Am added the 2nd program feature which should get you into the ballpark with most exhaust systems and filter setups.

Beyond that a Power Commander is the way to go.

TPR

Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
    Yeah, the efi units on quads don't have the processing power to intuitively compensate for changes in airflow like automobiles do.
    Aye, you wouldn't really want them to anyway. You'd be clogging up your exhaust flow with sensors.
    Brandon -O||||O-

Atleast they don't have the FCR. I swear there are 3-4 things you can adjust to try and correct 1 problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast