Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How to make your own air box lid pre-filter (step by step)

anyone running one of these on a ltz400. im really intrested in doing this. looks simple and seems to have very nice end results. i'll just wait until my pipe and jet kit come in before i begin my work
    Black 07' Suzuki Ltz400
    Bone Stock for now

wow looks awsome, i am going to have to try this on my 400ex once i save up the money to buy my exhuast so i only have to jet and tune the carb once. Looks easy, and a nice piece ove diamond plate and some stainless steel hardware, will make it sweet. Just a question, are you useing a gasket of any type.
    08 trx400EX white, no mods but i did a HID conversion, If your interested PM me
    HOW TO ON HID CONVERSION
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=437986

also, what about cutting out other areas of the airbox and doing this same idea? i was looking at mine and the left side looks like it has a flat decent size surface, you think there would be to much air or any issues if i attempted ot do this??
    HOW TO ON HID CONVERSION

I did not use any gasket, just a little RTV sealant between both the pre-filter and box surface and bracket and pre-filter. As far as other mounting surfaces, I would just make sure that it's in a location least likely to get alot of water. Since the Outlaw already had a small intake opening on top of the box, that is naturally the best place for the cutout
    2008 Outlaw 525S
    -FMF PowerBomb 4.1 System
    -AC Racing Black Line Nerf Bars
    -Custom Airbox with Prefilter
    -Carbon Fiber Maier Plastics
    -DynoJet

i got yah, i already bought the diamond plate to make the mod, waiting to save up the money for my exhuast, so i only have to tune my baby once. ill post pics ASAP
    HOW TO ON HID CONVERSION

I just ordered the k&N cover fri, am going to be doing this. I will post pics up when I am finished.. Def better then buying there kit for 50+ buks, well if you can do it yourself... Nice write up

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

Thanks for this! I have a buddy at a body shop that is cutting me a flat piece of plastic from a bumper. I will cut it to fit and either bolt it or rivet it on.

quick shot of mine. just finished

Nice job, Josh- looks great
    2008 Outlaw 525S
    -FMF PowerBomb 4.1 System
    -AC Racing Black Line Nerf Bars
    -Custom Airbox with Prefilter
    -Carbon Fiber Maier Plastics
    -DynoJet

could have been a little better, but I'm happy. The filter opening was a little different shape than the template. That's why the inside looks like the cut is off.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567