Thread: Gearing..

Gearing..

well i hoped i posted this in the right section, but anyway,on my new 400ex,its got a 38 tooth rear sprocket on it,stock is 37 teeth..is this going to give me more top or bottom end? thanks..it feels like top end but i could be wrong,thanks
    35th Anniversary '99 Mustang GT

Re: Gearing..

Originally posted by Andrew400ex
    well i hoped i posted this in the right section, but anyway,on my new 400ex,its got a 38 tooth rear sprocket on it,stock is 37 teeth..is this going to give me more top or bottom end? thanks..it feels like top end but i could be wrong,thanks
    More teeth in the back = more bottom end, less teeth in back = more top end...its the opposite for the front....

ummm, im pretty sure stock gearing on a 400 is 15/38. but yeah a bigger rear sprocket=more acceleration, smaller more top speed. and the opposite for the front, like rippinitup said.
    2000 426ex; wb cam, HMF full system w/ shortened silencer, FCR41 carb, custom axis shocks, etc.. for complete list check out my website

I want to thank my Sponsors, Speed Freaks, On The Edge Honda, Wiseco, Scott goggles, Houser racing, and Carb Parts Warehouse

ok thanks,well i have a 37t and a 38t and the 38t is on the bike and the 37t looks like the stock one buy i dunno
    35th Anniversary '99 Mustang GT

if you want more low end with a lot less work, go with a 14 tooth front sprocket, you will see a drastic improvement