Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how the ds450 runs

how the ds450 runs

I got my ds450 on 11-28-07 it is week on TQ it has a power band
    like a two stroke it likes mid and high rpms when i race my wife's
    2008 stock kfx 450 it will beat it by 1 1/2 quads when i race my 2002 stock cannondalethe dale will beat the ds 450 by 3 1/2 quads the ds 450 is fun to ride the back end of the bike is light you can pitch the back end with easy the ds feels like the yzf 450
    when you sit on the quad the trans has a good feel to it. i think i will in stall a new exhaust pipe and cut the pink wire and set it in race mode this should bring the TQ up

Yeah ok.....um how old are you. You make sense but use some punctuation next time you type.
    White 06' LTR450....sold
    '08 LTR450 getting revamped.....

from the little that i rode Punk'd's new bike, it felt the same way. It seemed to have more power in the higher rpm's. Loosing to a kfx, i find that hard to believe as the ds felt pretty damn powerful stock, we'll see in a few days.

i cant wait to see what the rossier, programer and intake does. Probably gonna put a woopin on some bikes.
    2005 471r

"We're America we build Monstertrucks for fun,we built a Top Fuel dragster that can do 330mph in a quarter mile because we were bored,PISS US OFF see what we build"-Christopher Titus

I'm sure they were not bone stock like the DS was.

I thought it read that the DS beat the KFX, and the Dale beat the DS.

Hard to tell though.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

id just like to say before this turns into a "other 450 bashin thread" that as far as the kawi goes the stock gearing on them isnt meant for wide open blazing drag races, now im not sure on the dale/atk cause ive never had one or anything, thats all
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

This is what I have found from Rossier Engineering this is from
    there web sight.
    Our pipe and cold air kit have given this already powerful quad a 6 H.P. gain at the previous peak of 7800 RPMs and a staggering 9 H.P. gain at 9,000, where the stock pipe has already fallen off. This means 1 less shift down that long straightaway. From 3,000 RPM to 7,000 RPM we are getting 4 to 7 H.P. across the board, and the torque peak has gone from 28 FT. LBS to 33! All this with just a pipe and filter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doesn't sound too far off. The HMF Pipe w/ remap (no intake kit) peaks at 43.2hp @ 8500rpms.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

When all is said and done and you take all the 450's, add a pipe, filter and do some fuel/air mix changes, I'm betting people will find that the DS will make more power almost everywhere.

Here's the thing, Down low, Can-Am showed the Honda made 1-1.5 HP more from the bottom to the midrange, the Can-Am takes over and goes to the moon....

The gains across the board generally add a bit more top end for the Honda, the Can-Am makes up ground in the bottom end and picks up tons at the top end.

Now, the key is the power to weight ratio...suddenly 1 hp on a bike that weighs more is all but nullified.

That way in race trim, the typical wet weight of a TRX 450r is about 400LBS, I believe the DS with all the race goodies attached and full of fuel and fluids is 25-30 LBS less, so where a full race Honda motor pushes out around 67 HP, they could use 65 in the DS and have the same PTWR while being a bit more reliable since they can push that motor to 70+ with no problem.

TPR

What 450 are they getting 70hp out of? Is it being used for mx or drags?

Joe Byrd is running just barely under 70hp. But he only runs them about 2 motos
    --
    :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast