Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sold

sold

Sold the piece of junk Extreme calls the Typhoon, finally it feels like a weight is lifted off my back. Give it away for $900.00 gone and happy about it.
    Drew-- atv 90 mod. 07' 1st place West Virginia Championship series 300ex w/ cr85 (built )motor Wiley-- atv 70cc 3rd place 07' West Virginia Championship series (Bombardier ds) 1st place 50cc oil inj. 07' WVCS Cobra P-3

how about a little more on why it's junk.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

Typhoon

I got it last feb. the clutch slipped from day one. My 42 lb boy snapped 2 cranks on it. My boy's race quads, and I would have to say this was the cheapest made one we ever bought. I was going to buy one last year for my youngest boy around christmas and read about alot of prob. so i didn't get it, when I got my income tax back in feb. I said what the heck I'll try one. Well it set broke most of the year. It looked awsome but the quality is just not there. Dont want to start a fued with the Typhoon owners but we had bad luck with this one. The only one that I have seen perform good was a so called (knock off) at Jackson, OH this weekend, but it had a GPX motor in it from T-bolt. I guess they are worth the money but with the prob. it would be cheaper to buy one of the (knock offs) and use the extra money making it right. I had a 125, so I cant speak for the 70&90, I think the clutch is different in them. I talked to one of the main guys at Extreme and he said that the clutch set up was making the crank break, said it was a flawed design and they had no fix for it. Our Typhoon had less than 10 hrs on it.
    Drew-- atv 90 mod. 07' 1st place West Virginia Championship series 300ex w/ cr85 (built )motor Wiley-- atv 70cc 3rd place 07' West Virginia Championship series (Bombardier ds) 1st place 50cc oil inj. 07' WVCS Cobra P-3

sorry to hear about youre problems. i bought mine because i thought it was a lot cheaper to buy this than upgrade my sons trx90. my thinking is that for the price of the typhoon i could add the extra dollars to upgrade the 125 just to get to the stock price of the trx90. so far it's worked. but i'm not done yet. i still need the nerf bars and a few performance items. i still think that for the price a guy could buy the 125 and put some money into it and still be cheaper than the stock trx90. my son doesnt use it for racing , not yet anyway. just my thoughts.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

sold

AMEN RAWDAWG finally some one told the truth about these over rated pieces of junk
    06 BRUTEFORCE 4x4i

09 GRIZZLY 700 efi eps

LOL! You guys are killing me! Even if you take the motor out and and add a race motor for $1000 you're still getting a better setup than a Honda, Yami, Zuk, or Kawi. That's a price of less than $3,000 and the bike still is better all round than any of those listed above. I don't know what was going on with your bike but the only problem I've had with the one that I bought for my son is the clutch slipping. That'll be fixed this week. You're the first person that I've heard of having crank issues on the stock motor. OR IS IT BUILT? All cranks that I've heard of snapping had motor mods done to them. And even on a built 450 you'll have durability issues.

These are pics of my Ported/polished, hotcams, 13.5 to 1 highcomp piston, stroked YFZ after about 40hrs on top end. Performance means less durability and is without a doubt more wear and tear on your bottom end .

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

crank

Broke first crank with bone stock motor, broke second crank with mod. motor. It did last longer with the stock motor but still broke.

Re: crank

Originally posted by RAWDAWG635
    Broke first crank with bone stock motor, broke second crank with mod. motor. It did last longer with the stock motor but still broke.
    What mods where done to the bike with the stock motor? There was something a few were saying to stay away from because the addon was somehow causing the crank to malfunction. I can't remember what it was though. Maybe Greg will see this and tell us.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

"Inner Rotor Kit" is a NO,NO on theses stock engines

RawDawg
    Would you post some pics of that built trx 125 you have
    And it is spelled XTREME not extreme.
    And also ,you posted that a p-50 cobra would smoke the 125.My son has one and it is collecting dust in the garage . Think not Hot Rod.
    You starting something you cannot finish ,it is best not to bash to get attention .You have established a reputation for you self,complain about all brands on the other treads and have yet to add anything to this forum .
    If it aint broke,don,t give it to me,i,ll break it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast