Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Impounded in Manorville

Originally posted by DANVAN
    I used to live on LI, never had a quad until I moved up to NH.

Any way, a friend from LI just called, me he tells me there is a legal place to ride in Medford on Horse block rd, Im curios about that, can any one confirm that, I still go down for visits, maybe Id bring it down some time and ride with him.
    only place around there that i know of is the yaphank mx track on horseblock rd. im personally not into the mx scene much....the track seems to get very crowded since its the one legal place and its quite expensive to ride there as well...id rather spend the day riding hillclimbs, railing sand berms, riding through the woods and doing wheelies through the feilds...may be worth a try though, i heard they redid it and its more quad freindly.

That must be the place, yaphank is just down the road from medford and he said it was a track.
    Im not into mx either, Im into all the trail riding thats up here.
    DAN
    2000 Honda 300EX- mine
    2005 Honda Recon Daughter-15
    2002 ETON lighting 50, son-10
    NHATV club
    NDVATV

I feel bad for you guys.

I am an old compared to most (mid 30's ). I have places to ride; 100's of acres in my family plus much much more with friends. I still write letters and send emails to our government.

I feel bad for our youth, the world has drastically changed.

You can tell your LI mayor, governor, police chief, etc. that if my kid was only riding and not doing anything else wrong- in this day and age--- I will gladely pay the 1000.00 as I toss my kid back his quad keys, while giving the cop the middle finger. Yelling see you next week dick........

Keep my kids safe and off drugs, hell a grand is cheap, but you cant get your local politician, tree huggin, left wing official to think that way.

Myself and Erac on this board have been best friends since we were little kids. We grew up in eastern Ohio. I started riding dirtbikes at seven. Ross started around 12, I think.
    We lived 10 miles apart and only had to start up and open our garage doors to ride. We rode almost everyday.

Our parents knew we were always 4 gallons away.
    2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS: JD Jetting * Pit Posse KTM Shifter * ALBA Racing Anti Vibe Bar Mounts w/ Pro Taper ATV High Bars, Spider Grips * PRM Skids * REM Grab Bar * K&N * HMF Sport Exhaust * AC Pro Pegs and Bumper * Cycra Pro Bend Guards * Custom DWT Beadlocks and Maxxis Tires

2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 4wd
    Fully Modded by HPD,Team GNCC Clutch, Kenda Knarly's on ITP Bajas, Supertrapp Race Core Exhaust System

2004.5 Sportsman 600 ITP Mudlights on Maxxis Wheels

I was told if I ran i could have been arested, who needs that crap!
    Cops are oll over the place these days THEY HAVE QUADS!!!
    Whats a dual sport?
    I'm trying to get my quad back this week, my parents want it sold.

you dont get arrested if you dont get caught.....plan your "escape route" beforehand so if the cops roll up you know what to do...although i havnt encountered cops on quads yet, im sure they probably arent the quickest riders out there. like i said, i only ride from my garage now and i know the trails by heart so it makes it fairly nice for me....i dont have troubles with cops at my spots anyway.

a dual sport is a street legal dirtbike....its fun and its awsome being able to ride around on the roads without getting in trouble, but for off-road riding nothing beats a nice quad.

honestly, manorville isnt worth riding in unless you know the trails VERY well and have an easy way to escape once the cops come...i've heard of them impounding over there for years now. where abouts in manorville were you riding when you got caught? my good friend lives over by the horse farms and says he hears kids riding back there constantly.

We just got chased again today, three cops are looking for us.
    COPS SUCK!!!!!

my bro is Suffolk Cty PD, does this mean I need to ask him where this sand pit is?? I'm from NJ & he hasn't mentioned it to me. -lol

Originally posted by ny300exrider
    yea man it got REAL crazy here on long island....suffolk county PD has been known to land choppers in the sandpits, have 5-10 flatbed trucks waiting at the entrance, and impound 40-50 bikes at a time...you could drive along our main highway on a given weekend and it wouldnt be unusual to see a caravan of flatbed police trucks loaded to the brim with quads heading down to the impound yard, each quad totalling easily over 1,000 worth of fees/tickets. JUST for riding in a sand pit.
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. --Muhammad Ali

We had he hunters pissed off today- **** them too

Where I ride in NJ its state/county game land with trails al lover it, alot of its land no one can access without an atv from the main trail. No one has every bothered us tho.

I have ran from the police before, nothing like flying down the roads to get back to a safe spot and wait it out. Cause they can and will nail you with it in your truck.. I for one never parked close, always way to far.

But the trails I ride today, even if they came they cannot get thier cruisers of durangos in there b/c of the sand-need a real 4wd truck and even then they cant get into most of the trails as they are to tight.

If I did get impounded the kicker is they would call the tow yard I work for and the guy would load up my atv and say it "fell off" during transport about 3 blocks later lol. BTDT.

I don't live in Manorville, but I am often faced with these types of issues. After an ATV fatality in Lee County FL, the sheriff delcared that ATVs cannot ride on public property...period. That goes against the state ATV law. ATVs are now hated by cops.

We have learned that you MUST NOT STOP!!! unless the cop is driving an ATV (they currently have three). They will impound your ATV, and stick you with as many tickets, and charges as they can.

Cops will do many things to catch you. Their prime strategy is to nail you when you are stopped, or wait at the entrance to the local trails, and bag you there. They will also try to follow you unnoticed, and then strike when you lead them to your house. The easiest thing to do is the head off road. They will not follow you off road in a regular cruiser or patrol car. They aren't going to ruin their suspension, and dent up their car just to chase an ATV, even if they caught you. They won't risk it.

My advice is to just ignore them, and if they chase you just keep going to your trails or plan an off road escape route. The trucks will follow you off road, but can't chase you on narrow trails. Be aware of local anti-ATV people. They are sworn butt heads, and cannot be reasoned with. They WILL call the cops, and they WILL take measures against you.

I have had them set up traps, and block off trails. It sucks, so be weary of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast