Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What HOOD should I get for my 2003 400EX?! + How should I SHAVE my fenders!?

Unhappy What HOOD should I get for my 2003 400EX?! + How should I SHAVE my fenders!?

Hey! I have a 2003 400EX and I am shaving the fenders and while I'm at that I thought I might as well put a hood on as well. It is yellow just for a little side note.. I do want a scoop but its not nessary. I dont not want a QuadTech hood, I think there nice and all, but too bulky and cost wayyy too much! I am 13 so as you can suspct I dont have that much money to spend! I live the Maier but I have stock plastic and I wonder if I just cut the plastic that holes the lights the Maier will fit? Please decus that.

Secondly, like I stated before, I want to cut or shave my fenders! As you may know and I certanly know, there seems like there are thousands of different styles. What do you think would look best on mine?

Thank You Soooo Much!!!
    -Brauap (Colton)

PS: Here are some pictures of my 400EX. The first one if just so you know what it looks like (its an old picture but not as old as the date on the picture). The second and third are just different angles so you can get an idea of what style I should shave my fenders!

Thanks Again!

I NEED your advise so please, PLEASE SPEAK YOUR MIND!
    ~~Colton~~

My MySpace Page <-- ADD ME!

My FaceBook Page <-- ADD ME!

If you need to E-Mail me E-Mail me @ WannaBXCR@yahoo.com

this is how i shaved my fenders. as for a hood..... id check out quadtech hoods. .
    2002 440ex
    PEP•Wiseco•Duncan•AC•Dunlop

'98 ford f150 4x4

another veiw. .
    2002 440ex

'98 ford f150 4x4

last one, from the front. .
    2002 440ex

'98 ford f150 4x4

very nice, I LOVE how you cut your fender! I think i'll probally do it like that!! and QuadTech doesn't make hoods for the 400EX.. and if you but it off of eBay, they go for about 250 bucks! I dont got that doe to spend.. lol
    ~~Colton~~

thanks. and actually quad tech does you just have to call them, they dont have them listed on there site. but yea there are pretty expensive. i dont really know of any other kinds of hoods. maybe laker custom?
    2002 440ex

'98 ford f150 4x4

Originally posted by Brauap
    very nice, I LOVE how you cut your fender! I think i'll probally do it like that!! and QuadTech doesn't make hoods for the 400EX.. and if you but it off of eBay, they go for about 250 bucks! I dont got that doe to spend.. lol
    IMO quadtech hoods are the only way to go. i got mine for under $100. they arent even $250 new. you need to check around more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Originally posted by Pipeless416
    IMO quadtech hoods are the only way to go. i got mine for under $100. they arent even $250 new. you need to check around more.
    SICK BIKE DUDE!! well, could you send me the site from QuadTech. I cant find were to buy them off there site.. and I said 250 cuz on ebay there was and started at like 9.99 and finsished about 200-250!! well.. please could oyu find me a site that sells thems?!

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!
    ~~Colton~~

thanks man, check the for sale section on here. thats where i found mine. sorry i sounded like an a-hole in your other thread. no disrespect meant.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

My old 400. Maier 250r scooped hood. i loved the looks of it and i think it only cost my like 40 bucks. pretty easy to install also. just had to cut the piece off the fender that held the light inplace and find a new place to mount the key and nutral light.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    07 450er. Razr rear's and Razr 2 fronts on ITP Baja's. Whitebrothers XCR exhaust, K&N, Accerbis handgaurds. pro armor nerfs and bumper. Full skids. AC grab bar. Trail tech lights and bars, maier hood.
    No more goodies til college is done!!!

1986 Honda Big Red 250 3 wheeler

2004 Suzuki Vinson 500

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast